Special to the Chickasaw Journal THORN – Resident on their way to church Sunday morning could see a pall of smoke over a home on County Road 405 that was totally destroyed by fire. Thorn Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to the former Hershel Duffel resident at 7:18 a.m. and found smoke and flames visible. […]
Tag Archives | City Clerk
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Aldermen will once again begin the process of seeking a new city clerk after Houston City Clerk Margaret Futral resigned March 8. Futral tendered a letter of resignation during the middle of a Houston Board of Alderman work session Tuesday night, turned in her keys and then […]
Dear Editor, I felt compelled to pen this letter because of the erroneous statement printed by this publication on Wednesday, July 15, 2015. In the column, written by Floyd Ingram, he alluded to the indictment of a Union County Circuit Clerk for voter fraud. The writer went on to suggest that there were “questionable” actions […]
HOUSTON – In an effort to streamline city government and improve efficiency, the Houston Board of Aldermen has centralized purchasing and named a purchase clerk for the city. City Clerk Margaret Futral has been named purchase clerk and has been charged with setting up a system where city departments submit purchase orders and needs and […]
HOUSTON – Your bosses are the Houston Board of Aldermen and everybody else in town, but there are a lot of people who still want the job. The City of Houston has received 39 resumes for the Houston City Clerk’s job and the board is seeking an Attorney General’s opinion to determine if a relative […]
I enjoy visiting with you like this. In this day and age of immediate electronic media and 24-hour news it’s still neat to sit down at a keyboard and talk with the people who read the Chickasaw Journal. I’ve always felt radio yaks, television blares and the internet will carry you many places you don’t […]
By Errol Castens Daily Journal OXFORD – A former Oxford deputy city clerk has been indicted by a Lafayette County grand jury on a charge of embezzlement. Alisa Liggins resigned her position in June 2013 after an investigation indicated irregularities in the handling of justice court receipts in 2012. Liggins, 46, of Oxford, was arrested […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Civic Center is the premier gathering point for most of the community and the city wants to keep the facility a place the community can use and point to with pride. The city has posted new rules for use of the building after several rowdy parties at the facility over the […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY — They raised their right hands and many placed their hands on a Bible as they solemnly swore to uphold the ordinances, laws and liberties of their cities, their state and their nation. Municipal officials were officially sworn in last week in Houston, Okolona, Woodland and Houlka and can now get about the […]
HOUSTON – He was the man who never took credit when things went well and the first to jump in when problems arose. Houston City Clerk Bobby Sanderson retires after nine years as the city’s top administrator and problem solver and was honored with a reception at City Hall Friday afternoon. “I can’t say I […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...