BASEBALL (MHSAA Playoffs, Second Round) Class 1A Pine Grove 4, Hamilton 0 Smithville 3, Myrtle 2 Vardaman 9-1, TCPS 7-11 West Union 9, Houlka 3 Class 2A Calhoun City 10, Leland 0 East Union 13, Potts Camp 0 Class 3A Alcorn Central 12, North Pontotoc 2 Kossuth 14-5, South Pontotoc 2-6 Mooreville 3, […]
Tag Archives | Cleveland
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – Unprecedented growth has forced United Furniture Industries to expand its presence at the Tupelo Furniture Market. The company hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony in Building VI of the market Thursday to mark the official opening of another 6,000-square-foot space. United now has nearly 23,000-square feet at the market, enough […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – They are growing a football program in Houlka, with the 2015 edition of the Wildcats finishing the season on a positive note and earning a variety of awards at their football banquet last week. Houlka is working to build a football field and played every game on the […]
The Hilltoppers staged a 0-2 rally and Mother Nature took care of the rest in Houston’s 4-2 win in five innings over Ripley April 24. The Tigers held a 2-0 lead through the top of the fifth and that’s when the Toppers made their move. Houston’s Reid Carter singled over shortstop and Clay Hillhouse sent […]
By Kedrick Storey Southern Sentinel RIPLEY – Houston Hilltoppers coach Scott Gann has preached taking advantage of others team’s misfortunes all season. That message came in handy Friday in Game 2 of their Class 4A best-of-three play-in series against the Ripley Tigers. Houston scored three of their four runs on three Ripley errors and Hilltoppers […]
CLEVELAND – John Edward Peacock, 42, died on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, in Jackson. He was born on July 14, 1971, to James Sr. and Shirley McCollum Peacock in Shelby. He was a 1989 Cleveland High School graduate. He also attended Mississippi Delta Community College and Delta State University. He was a self-employed handyman/carpenter. He […]
PITTSBORO – Ruby Kay Romero, 69, died Thursday, Oct. 31, 2013, at Joy Health Center in Cleveland. She was born Aug. 3, 1944, to Rube E. Cleveland and Beatrice McDonald Cleveland in Calhoun County. She was a factory seamstress and a member of Church of God of Prohecy. Services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday, […]
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Smithville rolls over Vardaman October 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Houlka fights to end against Biggersville October 26, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...