HOUSTON – Natchez Trace EPA is urging local customers to turn their thermostat down and avoid using non-essential electric appliances during this current cold spell. TVA notified Natchez Trace Thursday morning that the cold weather that has swept the Southeast has reduced its capacity to provide on-demand electricity during peak morning and evening hours. “We […]
Tag Archives | cold
Local Focus! Locally owned businesses serv Washington Oil is a Houlka landmark located at the corner of Main Street and U.S. Highway 32. Gary Washington has been fixing flats, selling tires and offering oil changes for 14 years and is proud of the customer base he has built and the reputation for good work […]
HOUSTON – The two coldest days in recent history last week saw two house fires that totally destroyed both homes. Firefighters were called to a house fire on County Road 168 east of Houston, on the morning of Jan. 7, and then to a house fire on Wednesday on County Road 63 north of Woodland. […]
Houston posted a new record low of 10 degrees on Monday, Jan. 6 beating the old record of 12 degrees set in 1959, The community awoke Tuesday to single digit temperatures and the National Weather Service was collecting data to see if today’s temps also set a record. The NWS said the average high is […]
A cold front that sent freeze warnings all the way to the Mississippi Gulf Coast saw temperatures in Houston climb into the low 20s Monday with the chance of it plunging to 7-degrees tonight. The National Weather Service predicts temperatures will hit at least 10-degrees tonight with 15-mph winds out of the north-northwest sending the […]
By Errol Castens Daily Journal TUPELO – Northeast Mississippians could see wintry precipitation and the region’s coldest weather in years in the next few days. Light snow is possible Sunday night as heavy moisture meets a strong cold front, and single-digit temperatures – possibly lower – are expected for most of the region on Sunday […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Hannah Warren isn’t cold or hungry, but she is concerned about her neighbors around Chickasaw County who might be. The 19-year-old mother and college student said just because we don’t see people out begging on our local streets doesn’t mean there aren’t people in need. “I was in my Philosophy class,” Warren […]
Here it is the latter part of November and I found myself raking leaves at the Ingram Plantation in a t-shirt on Saturday. It rained Sunday, but that only made things muggy and humid. The sun even poked it’s head out Sunday afternoon to end the day on a beautiful note. But Thanksgiving is around […]
TUPELO – Northeast Mississippi areas that haven’t yet had their first killing frost are expected to see that situation change tonight. As early as this afternoon, a cold blast of Arctic air is expected to push through the region, dropping temperatures in some parts into the 30s before nightfall. Overnight lows are expected to hit the […]
- Houston Students Tour ICC March 20, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...