By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A Nettleton man saw charges of aggravated assault upgraded to murder Tuesday after the man he allegedly hurt died of injuries sustained in a May altercation. Terry Joe Hill, Jr., 33, of Nettleton, was arrested on charges of aggravated assault on Johnny Huffman following an incident at a […]
Tag Archives | creekmore
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – They lifted their right hands and many placed them on a Bible held by a spouse or friends and promised to uphold the law of the State of Mississippi and the United State’s Constitution. A process that started about this time last year with 53 candidates qualifying […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County grand jury meets this week to consider evidence that could result in local residents being charged with a felony. Evidence will be presented by the District Attorney Ben Creekmore and local law enforcement to a pool of grand jurors specially chosen for the task of determining if an indictment should […]
OXFORD (AP) – One of the ex-prisoners who received a pardon from then-Gov. Haley Barbour has pleaded guilty to manslaughter after he killed another man in an exchange of gunfire. Calhoun County District Attorney Ben Creekmore says Wayne Thurman Harris of Slate Springs made the plea Monday in Oxford before special Circuit Judge Breland Hilburn. […]
HOUSTON – Brecker Johnson, 39, pled guilty to the reduced charge of manslaughter and was sentenced as a habitual offender to 20-years with no opportunity for parole by Chickasaw County Circuit Court Judge Robert Elliott Monday. Johnson had initially been charged with the murder of John L. Wofford, who was stabbed at their Woodland residence […]
OKOLONA – Richard Dale Graham, 61, died on Monday, Nov. 11, 2013, at his residence under the care of Legacy Hospice. Born on Oct. 25, 1952, in Waukegan, Ill., he was a son of Evelyn Creekmore Ermis and the late Charles W. Graham. He was a graduate of Zion-Benton, Ill., High School. Before becoming disabled, […]
OKOLONA – Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth ruled there is enough evidence to bring formal charges against Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson following a hearing late Monday afternoon. Howorth heard more than three hours or testimony and viewed video of the Mississippi Highway Patrol’s traffic stop of Robertson on Dec. 7 on Highway […]
- Houlka buys body cams for PD August 24, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- FOOTBALL SCORES: Week 2 August 27, 2016
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS August 27, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- AP PREP POLL: 2A has East Webster 3rd, Calhoun City 4th August 31, 2016
- Okolona trustees wrap up summer business August 31, 2016
- Armyworms spotted in local fields August 30, 2016
- Money would fix city’s aging pipes August 29, 2016
- Political Season August 29, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...