By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – They are growing a football program in Houlka, with the 2015 edition of the Wildcats finishing the season on a positive note and earning a variety of awards at their football banquet last week. Houlka is working to build a football field and played every game on the […]
Tag Archives | Dallas
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal STARKVILLE – Scientist, energy companies, research agencies and state and federal leaders gathered in Starkville for a nationally recognized energy symposium and the Houston Solar car was the center of attention. The Houston Solar Car team rolled out the 14-time National Solar Car Challenge solar car and parked it […]
DALLAS – What a whirlwind it has been for former Ranger and NJCAA First Team All-American left tackle Donald Hawkins. It’s one that could change his life forever. Hawkins, who played the 2010-11 seasons at Northwest Community College and the 2012-13 seasons for the Texas Longhorns, was released by the Philadelphia Eagles, picked up and waived […]
Today is Team Check Day with the car and crew required to attend a variety of meetings and race events. Teams will formally register this afternoon and a group meeting of all solar car racers and advisor/instructors will be held tonight in the ballroom of the Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel. Prior to that a meeting of all […]
SHERMAN – Frances Ruth Ballard Bruce, 78, died Friday, May 9, 2014, at her residence in Sherman. She was born Feb. 2, 1936, in Okolona to Ernest Carl Ballard and Mary Inez Willis Ballard. She lived in the Dallas, Texas, area many years before returning to her native Northeast Mississippi 32 years ago. Her working […]
WEST POINT — James “Jim” Jolly, 41, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at his home in West Point of a sudden illness. Jolly was born in West Point and later moved to Dallas, Texas where he operated a construction company and window blind business. An avid outdoorsman, Jolly loved to hunt and fish. He […]
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Armyworms spotted in local fields August 30, 2016
- Money would fix city’s aging pipes August 29, 2016
- Political Season August 29, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...