By Ethan Turner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – the Houlka Lady Wildcats don’t hold grudges, but they always look for a chance to settle the score. The Houlka Lady Wildcats took to the diamond last week against the Hickory Flat Lady Rebels for the second time this season looking to avenge an early […]
Tag Archives | Day
HOUSTON – The crowd was smaller but the need is greater. The number who showed up on the Courthouse Square for Thursday’s National Day of Prayer was below last year’s count, but the community still prayed for recent storm victims, the country and those suffering sickness and hard times. ”Houston dodged this last storm but […]
We celebrate Mother’s Day on Sunday. Preacher will extoll the virtues of mothers on Sunday and come back in a few weeks and beat up on men on Father’s Day. Such is Southern culture. Such is the fact that good women can bring out the best in good men. First there was the woman who […]
HOUSTON – Prayer changes things. The Greater Houston Ministerial Alliance will host the National Day of Prayer on The Square at noon Thursday and is inviting the community to come and pray for their town, state and nation. “We will start just a few minutes after noon and will finish up a before 1 p.m.” […]
The National Day of Prayer will be observed May 1 in Houston at noon on the east side of the Courthouse Square. The public is invited to participate in this time of prayer for our nation and leaders. The 2014 Theme is ONE VOICE, UNITED IN PRAYER which is based on Romans 15:6: “So that […]
Lisa Voyles / Buy at Photos.ChickasawJournal.com Houlka Homecoming Maids 2013: Houlka 2013 Homecoming Maids are shown, from bottom, Cara Martin, Jesse Moore, Tatayana Hughes, Saydee Moss, Tykeela Cunningham, Beth Huffman, Chianne Edington, Jamesha Lyons, Cassie Homan, Savannah Day, Sadias Ross, Paige Graves and Naveah Moore. Homecoming will be held Friday, Nov. 22 prior to the […]
I’ve held a number of jobs and put my hand to a lot of things before settling down to a keyboard, camera and newspaper deadlines. Paperboy, television repair, dairy farm hand, convenience store clerk, roofer, oil field rough-neck, casket truck driver, sheriff’s department dispatcher and jake-leg carpenter are jobs I have held. Each put money […]
Mother’s Day was Sunday and I got a double whammy as it was my birthday, too. “And wasn’t that so nice of me to plan it that way for you,” was my own mother’s joking comment. My son wished me a happy combined birthday/Mother’s day by hanging some mini-blinds and promising more physical labor to […]
By NEMS Daily Journal *** 9:29 a.m. – From Daily Journal’s Brandon Speck in Houston (@brandonspeck) Chris Jones’ mom says: ‘Never really close to going to #OleMiss.’ #DJPreps *** 9:21 a.m. – More from Brad Locke on Chris Jones … Chris Jones is sticking with Mississippi State. The five-star defensive end from Houston, Miss., held […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...