By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA — Okolona Municipal Separate School District School Board extended the superintendent’s contract for three year and approved his salary. Trustees approved a three-year contract agreement with Dexter Green to serve as Superintendent of Education in the Okolona Municipal Separate School District commencing on […]
Tag Archives | Dexter Green
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Okolona Superintendent Dexter Green has been chosen as a participant in the second class of the Mississippi Department of Education Superintendents’ Academy, an advanced leadership training program to assist district leaders in their efforts to improve student outcomes. “I’m proud to have been […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – School may be out, but summer has Okolona School Board trustees tending to the details of education as the new school year approaches. The Okolona Municipal Separate School District School Board met at the Okolona Vocational Center Wednesday, July 8 and heard approving comments from […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Okolona School District’s $2 million bond issue, passed last year, is fueling construction of many large and small projects designed to upgrade the school district from the ground beneath students’ feet to the roofs over their heads, District Superintendent Dexter Green said this week. […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – School is out and hundreds of kids who might go hungry in Chickasaw County during the summer break will get two good meals a day. Schools in Okolona and Houlka have embarked on a federal program this week that will see kids 18 and under who were in school last spring get […]
HOUSTON – State law requires parents to prove they live in a school district before they enroll a child in school. The Mississippi State Board of Education is reminding parents that falsely giving residency information is a misdemeanor and conviction can see the parent or guardian fined. Several cities in Mississippi have passed ordinances making […]
OKOLONA – Preparing for any emergency is never an easy task and trying to prepare for an unexpected disaster pushes the envelope even further. But over 40 representatives of local and area entities gathered Feb. 4 to try to do just that. The Chickasaw County Emergency Management office organized a tabletop exercise, facilitated by Todd […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Grades for all three Chickasaw County schools are not where local educators want them to be, but there have been improvements. District scores for both Houston and Okolona school district moved up a letter grade this year with Houston getting a “C” and Okolona getting a “D” on state accountability rankings. Chickasaw […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...