PHEBA – Hebron Christian School has released the honor roll for the fourth nine weeks. Principal’s list Kindergarten Macy Aycock, Calleigh Davis, Cooper Grimes, Jessie Hamblin, Gage Ingram, Chandler Cliett and Johnny Vance First Grade Charles Cantrell Third Grade: Elisha Carter, Bailey Dexter, Wyatt Latham and Ethan Williams Fifth Grade Paityn Fulgham and Braeden […]
Tag Archives | Dexter
SHANNON – Hazel Jean Kennedy Grammer, 79, died Monday, June 16, 2014, at her residence in Shannon after an extended illness. She was born in Tishomingo County on Dec. 3, 1934, to Willie Dexter and Virdie Lorena Stanley Kennedy. She worked for 32 years as a nurse’s aide for North Mississippi Medical Center where she […]
OKOLONA – They strolled across the stage, shook their superintendent’s hand and took their diplomas as graduates of Okolona High School. The Okolona High School Class of 2014 saw 40 students participate in commencement exercises on Faulkner-Bowens Football Field in Okolona Friday night, with parents, family and friends cheering each graduate on as they were […]
OKOLONA – First-year Okolona Superintendent Dexter Green said he has been overwhelmed by the work that needs to be done with the district, but feels recent test scores show Okolona schools are headed in the right direction. “Yes, I have been terribly busy and we have made some tough decisions on some very tough issues,” […]
OKOLONA – The MSBA Prospective Superintendent Leadership Academy (PSLA) has successfully concluded its first year with two administrators from Okolona graduating the class. Okolona Superintendent Dexter Green and Dr. Loretta Shird, Coordinator of Federal Programs for Okolona schools were among a total of 22 administrators from 17 school districts who completed PSLA requirements. The training […]
OKOLONA – Okolona Superintendent Dexter Green was formally welcomed to town Sunday with a reception for the new head of Okolona schools and his family. Green, who has only been the city’s top educator for 32 days, said Okolona already feels like home and he has already made friends that he calls family. “As […]
OKOLONA – Trustees hired Dexter Green as the new superintendent of Okolona School District at a special called meeting Monday. Green is expected to fill the superintendent’s post on April 1 and will be the district’s first superintendent since it was placed under state control more than three years ago. Okolona trustees had voted to […]
OKOLONA – Dr. Jerry Woods has told the Okolona School Board he will not take the district’s top post, prompting the board to meet with their second choice on Monday. Woods was offered the job of Superintendent of the Okolona School District Sunday afternoon following a community interview and vote by the Okolona School Board. […]
- Okolona approves tutorial services, signs promissory note October 18, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Find a lump? Find out what it is! October 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...