PHEBA – Hebron Christian School has released the honor roll for the fourth nine weeks. Principal’s list Kindergarten Macy Aycock, Calleigh Davis, Cooper Grimes, Jessie Hamblin, Gage Ingram, Chandler Cliett and Johnny Vance First Grade Charles Cantrell Third Grade: Elisha Carter, Bailey Dexter, Wyatt Latham and Ethan Williams Fifth Grade Paityn Fulgham and Braeden […]
Tag Archives | Dexter
SHANNON – Hazel Jean Kennedy Grammer, 79, died Monday, June 16, 2014, at her residence in Shannon after an extended illness. She was born in Tishomingo County on Dec. 3, 1934, to Willie Dexter and Virdie Lorena Stanley Kennedy. She worked for 32 years as a nurse’s aide for North Mississippi Medical Center where she […]
OKOLONA – They strolled across the stage, shook their superintendent’s hand and took their diplomas as graduates of Okolona High School. The Okolona High School Class of 2014 saw 40 students participate in commencement exercises on Faulkner-Bowens Football Field in Okolona Friday night, with parents, family and friends cheering each graduate on as they were […]
OKOLONA – First-year Okolona Superintendent Dexter Green said he has been overwhelmed by the work that needs to be done with the district, but feels recent test scores show Okolona schools are headed in the right direction. “Yes, I have been terribly busy and we have made some tough decisions on some very tough issues,” […]
OKOLONA – The MSBA Prospective Superintendent Leadership Academy (PSLA) has successfully concluded its first year with two administrators from Okolona graduating the class. Okolona Superintendent Dexter Green and Dr. Loretta Shird, Coordinator of Federal Programs for Okolona schools were among a total of 22 administrators from 17 school districts who completed PSLA requirements. The training […]
OKOLONA – Okolona Superintendent Dexter Green was formally welcomed to town Sunday with a reception for the new head of Okolona schools and his family. Green, who has only been the city’s top educator for 32 days, said Okolona already feels like home and he has already made friends that he calls family. “As […]
OKOLONA – Trustees hired Dexter Green as the new superintendent of Okolona School District at a special called meeting Monday. Green is expected to fill the superintendent’s post on April 1 and will be the district’s first superintendent since it was placed under state control more than three years ago. Okolona trustees had voted to […]
OKOLONA – Dr. Jerry Woods has told the Okolona School Board he will not take the district’s top post, prompting the board to meet with their second choice on Monday. Woods was offered the job of Superintendent of the Okolona School District Sunday afternoon following a community interview and vote by the Okolona School Board. […]
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- ICC names Adult Learner scholars February 21, 2017
- Sirens to go off Wednesday for statwide tornado drill February 21, 2017
- Chickasaw man injured in Shannon wreck February 21, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...