By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested three Okolona men on Monday in a case that involved the seizure of moonshine, drugs, stolen firearms and several dogs. Russell Jones, 67, was charged with accessory to dog fighting and possession of two stolen guns. He will be charged by the Alcohol […]
Tag Archives | dogs
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – It was a scary story with a happy ending. A 2-year-old who went missing Thursday morning, Dec. 31 was found crying and clinging to a powerline pole after the call went out to respond to a report of a missing child who had wandered off with […]
Daily Journal JACKSON – The Mississippi Court of Appeals has upheld a Calhoun County civil judgment over the death of cattle. James May filed three separate complaints in 2011 alleging Clemmie Walker’s three pit bulls killed his cattle. The cases were combined and in January 2013, Calhoun Circuit Court ruled May was entitled to $10,500 […]
OKOLONA – Chickasaw County has a dog ordinance designed to help property owners keep dangerous dogs off their property, but there is a process that must be followed. Kim Gordon, of Traceview Estates, said she has repeatedly reported what she deemed dangerous dogs running loose in her neighborhood and approached the Chickasaw County Board of […]
Mississippi’s white-tailed deer hunting season with guns opens Saturday and runs through December 1. Hunting with dogs is allowed during this season. Legal deer include antlerless deer and legal bucks on private lands and legal bucks on open public lands. Hunters are urged to practice good hunter ethics and follow all safety rules to avoid […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...