By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Chickasaw County voted for Republican Donald Trump in a move that surprised many longtime local political pundits, but was part of the larger national picture of voters who took to the polls to say they wanted change. Trump defeated Democrat Hillary Clinton 4,127 to […]
Tag Archives | Donald
PITTSBORO – Donald Gordon Cook, 79, died on Monday, May 26, 2014, at his residence in Pittsboro. He was born on May 8, 1935, in Bruce. He was retired from Pontotoc Electric Power Association and a member of Mt. Comfort Baptist Church. He was an avid hunter. He Loved hunting with hounds. He was one […]
CALHOUN CITY – Donald Michael “Mike” Collins, 67, died Thursday, May 22, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services. He was born Nov. 11, 1946, in Calhoun County to Johnny Collins and Ophelia Wiggs Collins. He was a crane operator for Hills Brothers and a member of the National Guard Armory. Services were at 2 p.m. Saturday […]
CALHOUN CITY – Donald Lee Goodson, 58, died Thursday, May 15, 2014, at his home. He was born Dec. 1, 1955, in Vardaman to James Washington Goodson and Wilma Christian Barbee Goodson. He was a customer service employee for Med-Life in Calhoun City and a member of New Gauley Baptist Church. Services will be at […]
BIG CREEK – Donald Kent James, 83, died Monday, March 17, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. He was born Dec. 4, 1930, in Webster County to Fred Eugene James and Nona Chamblee James. He was a self-employed farmer and a member of Big Creek Baptist Church. He was a retired U.S. Army sergeant and […]
DERMA – Jackie Donald Bias, 64, of Derma died Sunday, Nov. 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center-Hospice in Tupelo. Born March 8, 1949, he was the son of Carlos and Clytee Lucius Bias. Visitation will be 5-8 p.m. today at Pryor Funeral Home in Calhoun City where services will begin at 2 p.m. Tuesday. […]
SMITHVILLE – Donald Gene Davis, 76, died on Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born June 13, 1937, in Okolona, he was a son of Gilbert and Jewel Gray Davis. He was a graduate of Becker Schools. Before his retirement, he worked as a carpenter and painter. Guided by his […]
MATHISTON – Donald Wilson Sr., 92, died Monday, July 22, 2013, at Oktibbeha County Hospital in Starkville. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at Oliver Funeral Home Chapel in Eupora. Burial will be in Spring Valley Cemetery in Mathiston. Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal ABERDEEN – Federal sentencing continues in what prosecutors describe as a large, regional conspiracy to sell cocaine in Northeast Mississippi. Walter “Big Moot” Hampton, 35, of Okolona on Thursday was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Sharion Aycock to 205 months in prison. Last November, he pleaded guilty to […]
PONTOTOC – Donald Gean Clark, 64, died Saturday, Feb. 23, at his home. He was born April 21, 1948, in Chickasaw County, to Virt and Vera Bailey Clark. He graduated in 1971 for the University of Mississippi. He was a member of First United Methodist Church in Pontotoc. He retired from a career in business […]
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- ICC names Adult Learner scholars February 21, 2017
- Sirens to go off Wednesday for statwide tornado drill February 21, 2017
- Chickasaw man injured in Shannon wreck February 21, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...