By Gene Phelps Daily Journal OXFORD – Win or lose today in the MHSAA Class 2A state championship game, East Webster coach Doug Wilson will always have a special bond with his 2015 football team, especially 14 of his 16 seniors. “I coached 14 of them in pee wee football,” said Wilson, whose son, Jack, […]
Tag Archives | doug
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal Friday’s Class 2A state championship football game will feature something old and something new from the participating team’s run-oriented offenses. The old is represented by Bassfield’s deceptive and very effective Wing-T offensive attack. “I was a Wing-T guy before I got here,” said Yellow Jackets coach Lance Mancuso. “They were […]
By JB Clark and Floyd Ingram Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – A warehouse fire Monday night will put a small damper on production at one of United Furniture’s Okolona locations this week. Around 4 p.m. Monday, firefighters responded to the Warren Street location after an employee found what seemed to be a small […]
Caring community Dear Editor, In the aftermath of the terrible damage just down the road in Louisville, I want to say ‘Thank You’ to so many Houston folks with big hearts. Some of the officials and employees of Chickasaw County wanted to do something for the folks down there who have experienced so […]
TUPELO – William Douglas “”Doug”” Eaton, 70, died Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. He was born in Okolona on May 13, 1943, to Cleo and Christine Brent Eaton. A U.S. Marine Corp veteran of Vietnam, he served for 20 years, retiring in 1981. He achieved the rank […]
HOUSTON – One hundred years ago, O.E. Baird and E.E. Baird bought a shop downtown and this month the third generation of Bairds will celebrate a century of work at that location. Bobby, Doug and Rob Baird still go to work at the shop at 221 North Jefferson each day turning parts, forging fittings and […]
HOUSTON – Local 4-H members recently competed at the 2013 Dixie National Junior Round-Up livestock earning a number of ribbons and one taking home a college scholarship. Nicole Abrams was awarded the Dixie National Sale of Champions Scholarship by Gov. Phil Bryant and Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce Cindy Hyde-Smith at the nationally known event […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...