By Jack Weatherly Mississippi Business Journal Mississippi cattle farmers may have gotten too much rain too late. A two-month drought that scorched pastures lifted with a vengeance late last month. For Bill Carr, that’s no real help. And weather experts say that the recent rains may be a foretaste of a particularly wet winter. Carr, […]
Tag Archives | Drought
NEW ORLEANS (AP) – The National Drought Mitigation Center says Louisiana and Mississippi are short of water, with severe to exceptional drought over most of Louisiana and much of Mississippi. The drought is severe or worse in 57 of Louisiana’s 64 parishes, and in 56 of Mississippi’s 82 counties. The U.S. Department of Agriculture says […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – While most of us are contemplating when to plant tomatoes, much bigger decisions have been made by local farmers on what crops to sow this spring. The U.S. government keeps up with what farmers across the nation expect to plant each year in an effort to monitor the nation’s food supply, set […]
- ICC concert choir performs Monday October 16, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...