By Jack Weatherly Mississippi Business Journal Mississippi cattle farmers may have gotten too much rain too late. A two-month drought that scorched pastures lifted with a vengeance late last month. For Bill Carr, that’s no real help. And weather experts say that the recent rains may be a foretaste of a particularly wet winter. Carr, […]
Tag Archives | Drought
NEW ORLEANS (AP) – The National Drought Mitigation Center says Louisiana and Mississippi are short of water, with severe to exceptional drought over most of Louisiana and much of Mississippi. The drought is severe or worse in 57 of Louisiana’s 64 parishes, and in 56 of Mississippi’s 82 counties. The U.S. Department of Agriculture says […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – While most of us are contemplating when to plant tomatoes, much bigger decisions have been made by local farmers on what crops to sow this spring. The U.S. government keeps up with what farmers across the nation expect to plant each year in an effort to monitor the nation’s food supply, set […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Samford names Herrod to Dean’s List July 20, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...