Special to the Chickasaw Journal Several area residents participated in a commencement ceremony for the licensed practical nursing program at Itawamba Community College, July 15, at the W.O. Benjamin Fine Arts Center auditorium at the Fulton Campus. They include Amanda Duncan and Brittany Schrock, both of Aberdeen; Tracey Fausz of Amory; […]
Tag Archives | Duncan
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OXFORD – A Calhoun County man was arrested in Oxford on Thursday on felony domestic violence charges. According to the Oxford Police Department, officers responded to a call Thursday where a female said she had been assaulted and strangled. Investigators arrested Eric Armstrong, 26, of Bruce and charged him with […]
HOUSTON – A woman who allegedly shot at her boyfriend and then barricaded herself in her home on Pittsboro Street was arrested after law enforcement kicked down her door and rushed the house. Teresa Duncan Murphy, of 513 Pittsboro Street, was arrested on charges of attempted murder and carried to the Chickasaw County Jail about […]
CALHOUN CITY – Quinnette Hardin, 79, died on Thursday, June 12, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born Monday, June 18, 1934, in Woodland, she was the daughter of the late Sherman Langford and the late Eula Vanlandingham Langford. She was the wife of the late Fred W. Hardin.Surviving are sons, Billy W. […]
AMORY – Gloria Ann Wehrman Duncan, 76, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, in Blacksburg, Va. Born in Wren on Sept. 13, 1937, she was a daughter of Henry August and Earnest Lee Whatley Wehrman. Growing up in Wren she graduated from Wren School. She was of the Methodist faith. She worked at Amory BBQ and […]
HOUSTON – Melvin Faye Duncan, 78, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, at his home. He was born Dec. 8, 1935, in Chickasaw County to Henry Clinton Duncan and Hester Ardenia Cook Duncan. He attended Friendship Baptist Church in Thorn. Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7, at Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Fred […]
HOUSTON – Steve Duncan was so glad to be at Thursday’s Houston Volunteer Fire Department Annual Awards Banquet. Duncan, 44, passed out at his father’s shop on Okolona Cutoff on Nov. 7 and the Houston Fire Department and local EMTs revived him and transported him to Trace Regional Hospital. He was later taken to Northeast […]
DERMA – Nancy Duncan, 39, died Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013, at her sister’s home in Pontotoc. She was born March 10, 1974, to Steve Paul Duncan and Henrietta Mann Duncan. Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17, at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Rex Wilbourn officiating. Burial will follow in Oak Springs […]
HOUSTON – Emma Frances Duncan, 87, died Monday, Nov. 18, 2013, at Shearer Richardson Nursing Home in Okolona. She was born March 28, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Richard G. Boyce and Sally Huffman Boyce. She owned and operated a beauty shop in Memphis until her retirement when she moved to Houston. She was a […]
MANTEE – Victor Arnold Duncan, 90, died Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at V.A. Hospital in Jackson. He was born on Jan. 18, 1923, in Houston to Ruben Gaston Duncan and Vannie Jane Griffin Duncan. He was a retired heavy equipment operator for Russ Butler and an owner and partner of D&J Service Station. He loved […]
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS January 10, 2017
- Girl Scout cookies are on sale January 15, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Throw your hat into the ring January 15, 2017
- BIRTH: Carson Grey Spencer January 15, 2017
- County contemplates paving project January 16, 2017
- Okolona man charged in Amory armed robbery January 17, 2017
- Houston truck driver killed in Jackson crash January 17, 2017
- ICC offers manufacturing skills program January 17, 2017
- Orr named Masonic scholar January 17, 2017
- JOHN CALVIN: Let’s hope new government will guide us better January 17, 2017
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...