HOUSTON – The Tanglefoot Trail opened in October last year and while other communities along the trail have been quick to capitalize on the new tourism asset, Houston has not seen anything built to enhance the Trail. Joyce East, Executive Director of the Chickasaw Development Foundation and Vice Chairman of the Tanglefoot Trail Board of […]
Tag Archives | East
HOUSTON – In keeping with the Fourth of July holiday, members of the Houston Business Group (HBG) were treated to hot dogs, chips and drinks in a festive red, white and blue sidewalk setting at State Farm Insurance July 2. The Business Group held an informal discussion about what resources are available to merchants and […]
HOUSTON – The Taste of Houston is shaping up well with several businesses on board to provide a sample of their favorite recipes and a little glimpse into their wares, services and products. The Taste of Houston has a different twist this year with business owners and merchants taking the serving spots on the buffet […]
HOUSTON – He waded ashore on Normandy Beach on July 4, 1944 and was wounded twice in World War II, he then returned to Mississippi, set up a dental practice in Houston and raised a family, helping many people along the way. Dr. Herman Smith, 92, was named the Chickasaw Development Foundation’s Citizen of the […]
HOUSTON – Grabbing that leisure dollar is easy if the tourist are coming to town, but the secret is to make them want to come and then be ready to serve them when they get here. Michael Jones, of the Mississippi Development Authority tourism division, met with more than a dozen CDF members and local […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal RIDGELAND – Alaina Hill may get a street named after her in Cumberland. The junior’s two biggest hits of the season led East Webster to the 2013 MHSAA Class 2A championship. Scoreless in the seventh inning of the deciding third game on Saturday, Hill doubled with two outs. […]
HOUSTON — Saxophone legend and Calhoun County native Ace Cannon will headline the Flywheel Festival in Houston and the nationally known musician is expected to draw a crowd to this year’s spring event. Cannon was inducted into both the Rock and Soul Hall of Fame and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame in 2000. In 2008, […]
Houston will honor its very best next month at the Chickasaw Development Foundation/Main Street annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. April 4 at the First United Methodist Church on North Jackson Street. “Community awards will be presented to deserving persons and companies,” said Joyce East, CDF Executive Director. […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – East Webster’s bowling team has definitely found its place in the championship city. After sweeping the regional tournament in Tupelo at Rebel Lanes, the Wolverines were ready to take care of business in Jackson. Starting the day with the best two games of the tournament, the Wolverines took […]
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- Houston seeks to climb the mountain March 22, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: All politics is local March 27, 2017
- Okolona man held in Shannon shooting March 28, 2017
- POLITICAL ANNOUNCEMENTS March 28, 2017
- Orientation leaders named March 28, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...