By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – By design the 2016 session, which started Jan. 5, is supposed to get off to a slow start. The opening days of the session are filled with more pomp and circumstance, such as swearing-in ceremonies and speech-making, instead of actual legislating. That is why the first […]
Tag Archives | Eaton
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – The Houlka Board of Aldermen heard a request to make the town tobacco-free, and renewed a contract with the town’s recordkeeper BBI, during aldermen’s meeting Tuesday, Dec. 1. The board was approached by Stephanie Collier, who is the Chickasaw County […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA — The New Houlka Board of Aldermen looked over changes to the city’s water system and pondered how the state’s new policy for inmate labor will affect the city at a half-hour meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday Aug. 4 at the Town Hall. The Houlka […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal MONTPELIER – She retired 15 years ago, took up quilting and has no idea how many quilts she has made, but has more than 40 in her home just across the Chickasaw County line. “I grew up working and even worked for years in dress factory in Pennsylvania,” said Eaton. […]
PHEBA – Each white balloon released against a clear, blue sky sent a message of love to heaven as students, faculty, friends and family members of the late Sonny Andrew Quinones held a memorial for him at Hebron Christian School May 8. Quinones, 11, was third grade student at HCS when he died in an […]
WOODLAND – Esther Ruth Grisham Eaton, 68, died Monday, March 10, 2014, at her residence. She was born March 13, 1946, in Clarke County to Otha Felton Grisham and Dorthy Napp Grisham. She attended Amity Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, March 13, at Memorial Funeral Home in Houston with Bro. Walter […]
TUPELO – William Douglas “”Doug”” Eaton, 70, died Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. He was born in Okolona on May 13, 1943, to Cleo and Christine Brent Eaton. A U.S. Marine Corp veteran of Vietnam, he served for 20 years, retiring in 1981. He achieved the rank […]
HOUSTON – Terri Eaton remembers her grandmother’s battle with breast cancer and it is not one she wants to replicate in her own life or her daughter’s life. Alleene Houser was 69 when she died of breast cancer. She found a lump in her breast in December but didn’t see a doctor about it until […]
WOODLAND – Evolene Robertson Eaton, 95, died Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at her residence. She was born Sept. 1, 1917, in Woodland to John W. Robertson and Jenny Hill Robertson. She was a member of Amity Baptist Church. She enjoyed piecing quilts and quilting them. She also enjoyed working in her yard, keeping up her […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...