By Ethan Turner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – It was senior night at Lady Topper field on Tuesday and the Lady Toppers wanted to send their seniors out with a win. So that’s just what they did. With an offensive flurry in the fourth and fifth inning, the Lady Toppers took down […]
Tag Archives | Echoles
By Ethan Turner Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – There were fireworks last week in Houston. They came from the Houston Hilltopper offense as the softball team defeated the Shannon Red Raiders 15-0 in three innings in front of the home crowd. The Hilltopper have now moved into a three-game road trip that has carried them to […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Two Hilltopper softball stars are moving on to shine on the diamond at Mississippi Delta Community College in Moorhead this fall. Talaja Echoles and Quaneisha Pratt made it official Friday, May 1, as family, friends, coaches and teammates gathered in the Commons at Houston High School to watch […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – West Lauderdale stood atop the 4A-Region 4 softball standing Monday with a 5-1 district record and Houston is second at 3-1. The Lady Knights trounced the Lady Hilltoppers in a key district match last week 9-6 with they Lady Knights having one big inning and Houston having […]
TUPELO – The Daily Journal has named their All-Area Slow-Pitch Softball team with two girls from this part of their coverage area named to this prestigious roster. Houston’s Talaja Echoles, a senior second baseman for the Houston High School Lady Hilltoppers and Autumn Frost, an East Webster senior outfielder have been selected. The complete team, […]
HOUSTON – The Lady Hilltopper started with a bang as they scored 12 runs in their first at bat and came back in the second inning to score five more. Houston notched 16 hits in the 17-3 vitory over Calhoun City last week. Hilltopper Talaja Echols hit a homer in the first inning to inspire […]
By Parashay Hamilton Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – HOSA is an organization that teaches students the basic fundamentals of medicine and nursing through competitive events and, advised by Esther Earnest, HOSA students at Houston High School have contributed greatly to the community this year. Students in HOSA helped with the Tangle Foot Trail race and also […]
WOODLAND – Victor “Bopete” Lamar Echoles, 36, died Wednesday, May 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Service is at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Callahan M.B. Church in Woodland. Burial is at Callahan M.B. Church Cemetery. Montgomery Mortuary of Houston is in charge of arrangements.
- Houston Students Tour ICC March 20, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- Manufacturing skills class offered March 24, 2017
- MSU Extension offers Horse Management 101 March 27, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: All politics is local March 27, 2017
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...