By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has approved nearly $50,000 in grant requests from Houston, Okolona and Chickasaw County for construction of storm shelters at nine locations, County Emergency Management Agency Director Linda Griffin said this week. Based on a per-shelter capacity of 30 […]
Tag Archives | EMA
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – In an emergency, seconds count and precious time can be wasted trying to locate an unmarked house. The Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency is urging homeowners, renters and landlords to take a minute and help local emergency service providers by displaying your house number. In […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – It is too late to train when the call comes in, and local emergency response crews learned the hard way last week what can go wrong should a shooter show up at Houston schools. The Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency and Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) hosted […]
HOUSTON – It is the worst news that could run through a community and emergency personnel from across the county will train for it Thursday. The Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency will host a live drill Thursday morning where a person with a gun has gotten inside the Houston School of Science and Technology, taken […]
HOUSTON – It may be the best dollar Chickasaw County ever spent. The Houston School District sold a used school bus to Chickasaw County last week for $1, with the vehicle slated to be refitted as a mass-casualty ambulance that can shuttle the hurting to local hospitals. “We found out about this grant from the […]
HOUSTON – When you see the men in the yellow suits, it’s not normally a good day. But May 20 will be a good day for the Houston Fire Department and the Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency to host a hazardous material drill on Harrington Street. “We wanted to inform the public ahead of time […]
- Okolona approves tutorial services, signs promissory note October 18, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Find a lump? Find out what it is! October 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...