By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Supervisors were informed of the City of Okolona’s plans to seek federal funding for a massive storm shelter that will double as a civic center at this month’s meeting. Chickasaw County Emergency Management Director Linda Griffin was before the board on other business when […]
Tag Archives | FEMA
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has approved nearly $50,000 in grant requests from Houston, Okolona and Chickasaw County for construction of storm shelters at nine locations, County Emergency Management Agency Director Linda Griffin said this week. Based on a per-shelter capacity of 30 […]
Chickasaw County received notice on April 7, 2014, from the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency that the county’s 2011 disaster application is officially closed. What this means to the citizens of this county is that all the work has been completed and payments and reimbursements have been made. What makes this even more significant is that […]
HOUSTON – There are lots of potential disasters but only so many emergency preparedness dollars. The Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency has joined with state and local emergency preparedness organizations to develop a regional hazard mitigation plan and they want local communities to help them set priorities. “There are only so many state and federal […]
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...