Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Going to college takes two things: good grades and good money. The Houston School of Science and Technology (HSST) hosted College Goal Sunday on Friday, Feb. 19, with students introduced to the paperwork and path of financial aid. College Goal Sunday is a state-based volunteer program […]
Tag Archives | Financial Aid
Special to the Chickasaw Journal STARKVILLE — High school juniors in Chickasaw County considering medical careers in their home state have the opportunity to take part in an intense and revealing summer program at Mississippi State University. The five-week Rural Medical Scholars summer program at MSU aims to identify the state’s future […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Itawamba Community College’s Financial Aid offices have scheduled FAFSA Fridays to assist prospective students with the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. ICC staff members will be available to assist with completion of the online form as well as to answer any questions at both […]
Okolona High School will host its annual College Goal Sunday financial aid event on Feb.15. The program will begin at 9 a.m. College Goal Sun is a non-profit program that provides free info and assistance to college-bound students and their families applying for financial assist through the FAFSA Program. On-site financial aid experts will be […]
HOUSTON – Charles Smith sees art in just about everything – especially kids. The Brandon artist hosted his second showing in Houston recently as part of the Regional Global Network Holiday Gala. He plans to come back to Houston and teach the finer points of art to youth in the community. “My art means […]
From press reports FULTON/TUPELO – Adult learners who will attend classes at Itawamba Community College during the 2014 spring semester and who have not been enrolled in college for the previous two years have an opportunity until Jan. 13 to apply for a new incentive scholarship. The scholarship is designed to provide an incentive for […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Kiera Stanfield knows what she wants to do after high school and she and her mother were at College Goal Sunday last week to help find ways to pay for it. “I plan to join the Army but I also want to go to ICC (Itawamba Community College) and major in business,” […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...