By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Chickasaw County Supervisors are looking at ways to make a monthly bill for the regional jail match a monthly revenue stream from the state. The county pays a monthly note on bonds that built the Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility and is paid by the state to house […]
Tag Archives | Fisher
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal There is a predicted low of 21 degrees Saturday in New Albany and possibly for some leftover snow and ice from today. That is outside. Inside New Albany Middle School’s Memorial Gym for Saturday’s 25th Annual Hotbed Classic: “It’s going to be hot in the Hotbed,”tournament chairman David Goode said. […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – They are used for everything from trimming city property and digging into drainage problem to picking up trash along county roads and general labor at community events. Changes to the Mississippi Department of Corrections policy of sending state inmates to county facilities have local supervisors and mayors […]
OKOLONA – They remembered those living veterans and those who have died at cemeteries all across America on Saturday and in Okolona, too. Wreaths Across America saw Okolona begin its ceremony at 11 a.m. sharp to coincide with the noon ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery and more than 100 similar events in all 50 states […]
NOTE: This is an update of a story published on July 14 on itawambatimes.com. Nineteen people were recently arrested and charged as part of a countywide roundup of suspects indicted through the Itawamba County Jury. Officials with the Itawamba County Sheriff’s Department released the names last week. The suspects included: Henry Ashby, 57, of 213 […]
Officials with the Itawamba County Sheriff’s Department have released a list of 19 suspects arrested as part of a roundup of people indicted through the Itawamba County Grand Jury. Suspects and their charges included: Henry Ashby – sale of cocaine Elvis Blankenship – conspiracy to sell methamphetamine; sale of methamphetamine; and possession of methamphetamine Beau […]
EGYPT— The Mississippi Highway Patrol has identified the victim of a fatal auto accident near Okolona in Chickasaw County as a Columbus native and member of the Ole Miss football team. The Highway Patrol said in a statement released yesterday that 20-year-old Park Stevens of Columbus was killed when his pickup collided with the rear […]
- Okolona tightens city policies April 18, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Lifecore book drive says thank you April 21, 2017
- GLENN MOLETTE: America and shooting back April 22, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- Senior citizen seminar set April 25, 2017
- Principal John Ellison honored by state April 24, 2017
- Houston correcting SPED complaints April 24, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...