By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Music, flowers and smiles bloomed at the Floy Dyer Manor open house and garden party Saturday. The Houston home saw residents debut their handbell choir and then open the doors to their flower and vegetable garden adjacent to the community room. “We came up with this idea […]
Tag Archives | flowers
HOUSTON – Friends share with friends and the ladies at Cottonwood Cove got together last week to do just that. Fourteen residents of the senior citizen apartment complex gathered at the community room Thursday night to enjoy refreshments, fellowship and swap plants. “We always encourage our residents to make their apartments their home,” said Martha […]
I’ve seen your names in the paper. I’ve seen your lovely faces smiling at us from the pages of our Lifestyles section. And I guess there is really nothing I can say to stop you, if your heart and mind are already made up about this marriage thing. Now, I’m not one of those who […]
HOULKA — They gathered Thursday to pray for their community and the people that will be fed by a garden they have planted in Houlka. Members of the Houlka Church of the Nazarene gathered on approximately two acres last week to see how their garden is growing and talk about what they are really trying […]
OKOLONA – Ople Katherine O’Barr Henry, 69, died Friday, April 4th, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Unit following an extended illness. She was born Aug. 17, 1944, to Jessie O’Barr and Annie Kate O’Barr. She worked at Walmart on West Main in Tupelo for 10 plus years and was a homemaker, enjoying arts […]
Another club year has come and gone. In May, Amory Flower Lovers Garden Club met for the 2011-2012 club year’s closing activities. During the meeting, projects for the year were reviewed. Most recent activities included the Spring Fling Luncheon and Bake Sale, a fund raising event that was well attended on April 27. Following the […]
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...