By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal Hunters looking for a lost dog discovered a body in Chickasaw County Wednesday afternoon. Chickasaw County Sheriff James Meyers said authorities were called to County Road 112 in the Tombigbee National Forest and Game Area between Houston and Houlka. Chicaksaw County Coroner Michael Fowler said the body was in poor […]
Tag Archives | Found
A 60-year-old Pontotoc County man who had been missing in the woods near Woodland since Sunday afternoon was found alive around 11 a.m. this morning, said Pontotoc County Chief Deputy Randy Roberts. Roberts said that Gerald Davis, a resident of Highway 41, was “alert” when searchers located him in a densely wooded area north of […]
HOUSTON – The discovery of an abandoned child in Houston Friday night has prompted felony child abuse charges against a local woman. Cora Lynn Watkins, 25, of Houston, has been charged with abandonment of a child under the age of six and felony abuse of a child. Police were waiting Monday for Watkins to be […]
- Houston Students Tour ICC March 20, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...