JACKSON – Mark your calendar for National Fishing and Boating Week June 6 -14, a national celebration of fishing and boating. June 6 and 7 are designated as “Free Fishing Days” in Mississippi, and any person may sport fish without a license. In addition, daily permits to fish at state fishing lakes and parks […]
Tag Archives | Free
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – No single person probably has more of an influence on the life of a human being than mom. And the COPES Program of Chickasaw County recently recognized two women as “Super Moms” as part of a new effort that they hope will be an annual event centered around […]
Brian Free and his group Assurance will be at Macedonia Methodist Church, on CR 418, at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 17 for an evening of praise and worship. The event is free and a love offering will be taken. Since 1982, Free has been at the forefront of southern gospel music since first joining Gold […]
HOUSTON – The U.S. Commerce Department estimates one in six children in America go to bed hungry at least once a week. And that number has to be higher in Houston and rural Chickasaw County. First Baptist Church Food Pantry gave out 99 turkeys last week at its monthly food ministry. Those in line were […]
Traditional Thanksgiving dinner will be served at the Excel Commons on Main Street in Okolona Nov. 28 at noon. Those who might otherwise be without family on Thanksgiving are invited to join the fellowship meal at the Commons. Limited take outs are available. Volunteers are always welcome and may call Sr. Liz Brown at 456-2030 […]
The question has been asked, “What is the Apostolic Age?” The word apostolic means having to do with the apostles. The apostolic age was when the apostles lived. To be an apostle, one had to be a witness to Christ. The twelve apostles that Jesus appointed were the ones who walked with Christ. They witnessed […]
A day of music is planned for Saturday in Joe Brigance Park in Houston. Jermaine Morgan is organizing the Chickasaw County Instrumental Music Festival from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. with free admission for music lovers. Featured acts at the event will include: * Dr. Cass Patrick, ICC music department * Jeremy Freelon, Risen drums […]
Service after the sale is more than a slogan at Bargain Warehouse in Houston. Robert, Linda and Benny Goza are quick to point out you can buy appliances and electronics just about anywhere, but getting someone to fix one when it breaks is almost impossible. “We’ve always said we sell the best and service the […]
The Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation District will be celebrating “Tree Planting Week” with seedlings free to the public Friday, February 8. Seedlings available are persimmon, black walnut, redbud, river birch, cypress, sawtooth oak, white flowering dogwood and loblolly pine. The tree give away begins February 8 at 8 a.m. at the USDA Center […]
Paul A man once said, “I wish there were instructions that came with having children.” My friend, there are instructions and they are in the Bible. There are answers for every thing that we need to know about raising a family, if only we would go back to the Bible. In raising children, the first […]
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...