In less than a week, members of the Houston Solar Car Team will embark on an epic adventure in Australia, representing Northeast Mississippi halfway across the globe. Fourteen students departed last week for the first leg of a trip that has them chasing the sun west to Australia to compete in the World Solar Car […]
Tag Archives | Future
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Victoria Wofford has been awarded a $4,000 Yates Companies, Inc. Scholarship for the first two years of college. Victoria was selected by a scholarship committee at The Yates Companies, Inc. based upon academics, extra-curricular activities and two short essays. “We set up the scholarship program to recognize and reward high […]
Hundreds of our young men and women from Houston, Okolona and Houlka graduated from high school this week. They lined up in their caps and gown and strolled across the floor or field to pick up their high school diploma as their full name was called over the public address system. While parents and grandparents […]
Voters went to the polls yesterday to choose a Congressman and they will head to the polls in just a few short months to select their county leaders for the next four years. With all the problems we have in America, this newspaper and this community realizes the man we send to Washington […]
It’s going to be a busy summer and the fun has already started. We won’t be making a beach trip this year because we’re just too busy with other activities which kicked off last week. We made a trip to Chicago to see nephew, Max, graduate Navy basic training. Actually, we made a trip to […]
March 20 is the first day of Spring and if the sun is shining we will all get that primordial urge to clear, dig and plant. Women have conducted Spring cleaning in this community since pioneer days when their ancestors heralded the first warm weather as a sign to wash, sweep and clear the house […]
Our Sons, Our Future, Our Story “Embracing Young Males of Color” program will be held on Satuday at the Okolona City Auditorium from 10 to 11:30 a.m. The guest speaker will be Reverend Lesley Mabry. For more information, please contact at 662-447-5040. Related articles Native Son Questions: February 24th Jessie Gate Morning Prayer 2.25.14: John […]
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Woman dies in Natchez Trace accident October 26, 2016
- Friday’s playoff picture October 28, 2016
- Pink Ribbon Fall 5K winners October 28, 2016
- Chris Jones featured on billboards October 28, 2016
- Molly May offers smiles, scarves, hope October 28, 2016
- Moving day at the Museum October 28, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...