HOUSTON – Aldermen have changed the way cash is handled at the Houston and Parks & Recreation Department and at all city locations. The board voted on a list of new procedures last week that will require immediate deposit of cash into local bank drop boxes and a series of new checks and balances to […]
Tag Archives | Gravat
HOUSTON – The Mississippi Department of Investigation is looking into the disappearance of several thousand dollars in Houston Parks and Recreation Department funds that were reported missing last month. The incident was initially reported as a theft by Parks and Recreation Director John Gravat on July 15 and involved funds from a city baseball tournament […]
HOUSTON – Keeping kids busy helps keep them out of trouble and John Gravat is determined to offer something for every child and youth in the Houston area. Gravat spoke to the Houston Exchange Club June 27, describing some of the programs that are currently offered. “Right now, we have baseball and softball,” Gravat said. […]
The City of Houston Park and Recreation department is offering youth basketball this winter and P&R Director, John Gravat, shared his thoughts on the program and supporting quality youth programs in the area. First, I just want to thank God for allowing me to be part of our city and county’s youth and also thank […]
FULTON/TUPELO – Several area residents were among those who earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science degrees or certificates at the conclusion of the 2013 spring semester at Itawamba Community College. They include: Houlka – Brody A. Collums, A.A.; Anna Nicole Daugherty, A.A.S.; Robbie Dewayne Earnest, A.A.S.; Christopher R. Fedrick, A.A.S.; Meagan […]
HOUSTON – The tennis courts at Joe Brigance Park in Houston are overdue for an upgrade and are being resurfaced. The Houston Tennis Association, in partnership with the City of Houston, have negotiated a deal to resurface the courts with the assistance of grant funding. Mike Blissard of the HTA said the group found a […]
HOUSTON – The board of aldermen are pursuing economic development with a baseball bat. The Houston Board of Aldermen have given the OK for Parks and Recreation Director John Gravat to submit bids for up to four Dizzy Dean youth baseball tournaments this summer for Houston. The city bid on two tournaments last year and […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...