Daily Journal CALHOUN CITY – Officials are looking into what appears to be an accidental fatal shooting west of Pittsboro. Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan said deputies responded to a home on County Road 900 around 9:30 Tuesday night and found William Eacholes, 27, with a fatal gunshot wound. Witnesses said Eacholes was handling the […]
Tag Archives | Greg Pollan
Special to the Chickasaw Journal PONTOTOC – A Colorado man and his female companion from the United Kingdom were arrested last week and charged with burglarizing Moore’s Feed Store on Highway 15 South in Pontotoc. Pontotoc Police Chief Randy Tutor identified the two arrested as Jessie W. […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal PITTSBORO – Two Calhoun County residents have been arrested in connection with the death of Billy Covington. Frankie T. Jones, 26, of Pittsboro, was charged with first degree murder, and Ashley Hobson, 24, of Calhoun City, was charged with accessory after the fact. During their arraignments Friday, bond for Jones […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal PITTSBORO – A Vardaman coach was formally charged and arrested Wednesday morning after allegations of inappropriate contact with a student were reported last week to authorities. Billy Joe Dill, Jr., 36, a softball coach at Vardaman High School, was charged with fondling, sexual battery and enticement of a child in […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal PITTSBORO – A Vardaman coach will be in court Wednesday morning for a probable cause hearing after allegations surfaced last week of inappropriate contact with a student. Calhoun County School officials and the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Department have been tight-lipped about the incident and declined to answer questions about […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal BIG CREEK – Two Calhoun County residents were killed Saturday night in a one-car crash involving a deer in Calhoun County. According to Sheriff Greg Pollan, around 8:20 p.m., seven residents were riding in a Chevy Tahoe when it struck a deer on County Road 308 near County Road 327 […]
Area law enforcement has made several arrests in apparently unrelated crimes alleged to have occurred in or around Chickasaw County over the past several weeks. Houlka burglary HOULKA – The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department has made three arrests following the burglary of a home on West Moss Furniture Road just outside of Houlka. […]
- ICC concert choir performs Monday October 16, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...