Deer season ends today for the Ingrams. My youngest son James and I will spend the last daylight hours of Jan. 20, 2015, looking for Mr. Buck on the 88-acres of beautiful Mississippi hardwood that we have hunted for the past three years. It snowed this week and the forecast calls for rain today, but […]
Tag Archives | Gunpowder
This nation was shaped by gunpowder. That daring American spirit that fostered this country’s independence is the same one that prompts most of us to own a firearm and shoot fireworks. Shooting fireworks inside the city limits of Houston on July 4 is the only form of civil disobedience tolerated at the Ingram household and […]
We moved to Houston four years ago and have attended every Flywheel Festival since – spring and fall. Our first year here we got to pull the lanyard on the Keck-Gonnerman steam tractor and make it whistle. The next year we got to push the button at the Friday morning anvil shoot. Last year we […]
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Bulldogs make St. Petersburg Bowl December 7, 2016
- Houston falters against Cal. City December 7, 2016
- The men in charge December 7, 2016
- Fatal fire in Okolona December 7, 2016
- McDonald’s Playground December 10, 2016
- Margaret Hollingsworth recipes December 10, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: What color is homelessness? December 10, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 9, 2016
- Area students graduate ICC December 9, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...