Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO — An Okolona man has been arrested in connection to a string of vehicle burglaries, and two more suspects are being sought. Deuntae Demarcus Randle, 21, of Okolona, was arrested in Lee County and charged with taking two motor vehicles – a felony – and 28 counts of burglary […]
Tag Archives | Hatley
Special to the Chickasaw Journal The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office apprehended an Okolona man Monday after he led law enforcement on a high-speed chase through parts of the county hours earlier, and authorities are searching for the whereabouts of another suspect. According to the MCSO, Darquazion Morrow, […]
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – Unprecedented growth has forced United Furniture Industries to expand its presence at the Tupelo Furniture Market. The company hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony in Building VI of the market Thursday to mark the official opening of another 6,000-square-foot space. United now has nearly 23,000-square feet at the market, enough […]
TONIGHT’S FEATURED GAMES Corinth (4-1) at Kossuth (4-1) THE PLAYERS Corinth: QB Antares Gwyn has completed 56 of 90 passes for 1,026 yards, 15 TDs and 2 INTs. … Junior RB Jay Cobbs has carried 66 times for 292 yards and 4 TDs. … Sophomore DE Jawon Shields has 13 TFLs. Kossuth: RB Jaley Adams […]
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – United Furniture Industries, which got its start in Okolona in 1982, was greeted like a Hollywood star and long-lost friend at a ribbon-cutting ceremony Thursday in its new showroom at the Tupelo Furniture Market. But United isn’t a stranger to the market – it had long been […]
Monroe Journal The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in locating Herbert Sanderson, 87, who was last seen between 1 and 3 p.m. Wednesday in Hatley. Sanderson is described as a white male with brown hair and brown eyes, 5-foot-8 and 165 pounds. He drives a white 1985 Ford E15 van […]
By Melissa Meador Monroe Journal HATLEY – Hatley was a hit away from a walkoff win over East Webster in Friday’s Game 1 of their Class 2A North state softball series. East Webster’s defense buckled down, though, to get out of a bases-loaded jam in the bottom of the seventh with no outs and hang […]
OKOLONA – Penny Kimbrough Hughes, 46, died Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Born Sept. 19, 1967, in Amory, she was a daughter of W.D. Kimbrough and Shirley Eastman Davis. Growing up in Amory, she graduated from Hatley High School, was employed in the area garment plants and was of the Baptist […]
by Crystel Ellison Houston Lower Elementary School HOUSTON – Priscilla Barker, a local singer and songwriter, motivated and entertained students at Houston Lower Elementary School’s January monthly assembly. “Her songs are so uplifting, and her life is a testimony of working hard to pursue your dreams,” said Karen Estes, HLES speech teacher. Barker, 18, graduated […]
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Sirens to go off Wednesday for statwide tornado drill February 21, 2017
- Chickasaw man injured in Shannon wreck February 21, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Extension gives out 1,800 trees February 24, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...