By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – Unprecedented growth has forced United Furniture Industries to expand its presence at the Tupelo Furniture Market. The company hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony in Building VI of the market Thursday to mark the official opening of another 6,000-square-foot space. United now has nearly 23,000-square feet at the market, enough […]
Tag Archives | Hatley
TONIGHT’S FEATURED GAMES Corinth (4-1) at Kossuth (4-1) THE PLAYERS Corinth: QB Antares Gwyn has completed 56 of 90 passes for 1,026 yards, 15 TDs and 2 INTs. … Junior RB Jay Cobbs has carried 66 times for 292 yards and 4 TDs. … Sophomore DE Jawon Shields has 13 TFLs. Kossuth: RB Jaley Adams […]
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – United Furniture Industries, which got its start in Okolona in 1982, was greeted like a Hollywood star and long-lost friend at a ribbon-cutting ceremony Thursday in its new showroom at the Tupelo Furniture Market. But United isn’t a stranger to the market – it had long been […]
Monroe Journal The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in locating Herbert Sanderson, 87, who was last seen between 1 and 3 p.m. Wednesday in Hatley. Sanderson is described as a white male with brown hair and brown eyes, 5-foot-8 and 165 pounds. He drives a white 1985 Ford E15 van […]
By Melissa Meador Monroe Journal HATLEY – Hatley was a hit away from a walkoff win over East Webster in Friday’s Game 1 of their Class 2A North state softball series. East Webster’s defense buckled down, though, to get out of a bases-loaded jam in the bottom of the seventh with no outs and hang […]
OKOLONA – Penny Kimbrough Hughes, 46, died Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Born Sept. 19, 1967, in Amory, she was a daughter of W.D. Kimbrough and Shirley Eastman Davis. Growing up in Amory, she graduated from Hatley High School, was employed in the area garment plants and was of the Baptist […]
by Crystel Ellison Houston Lower Elementary School HOUSTON – Priscilla Barker, a local singer and songwriter, motivated and entertained students at Houston Lower Elementary School’s January monthly assembly. “Her songs are so uplifting, and her life is a testimony of working hard to pursue your dreams,” said Karen Estes, HLES speech teacher. Barker, 18, graduated […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...