By Dennis Seid Daily Journal Mississippi has more than 14,000 places that serve food to the public, a list that includes restaurants, caterers, casinos, schools, nursing homes and food trucks. Every week, the Mississippi Department of Health sends inspectors to visit some of those facilities, using an extensive checklist that could take 30 minutes or […]
Tag Archives | health department
CHICKASAW COUNTY – When a teenage girl and guy find out they are pregnant, they need help. Pregnant teens need lots of support, including social, medical, emotional and academic support. And it comes from family, school, church and the government. The statistics and stories published by the Chickasaw Journal over the past three weeks repeatedly […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – It takes two to make a baby, but the burden of a teen pregnancy almost always rests on mom. While teen pregnancy does not carry the stigma of 20 years ago, there are still many hurdles a teenage girl must overcome to make a better life for herself and her […]
- Houlka Cornbread Festival set for Oct. 8 August 17, 2016
- Okolona woman rediscovers her voice August 20, 2016
- MDOT moves forward with Hwy. 15 work August 21, 2016
- JASON BROOKS: CDF thanks picnic area donors August 21, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week August 21, 2016
- Okolona man in custody after high speed chase August 23, 2016
- Crime victims get $3.7 million in compensation August 23, 2016
- Sheriff seeks info in cemetery vandalism August 23, 2016
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- West Nile case reported in Chickasaw County August 22, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...