By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The heat index Friday afternoon was 107-degrees, but by midnight the temperature had dropped to a cool 75-degrees and 80-percent humidity. “We’ve been running 10, 40s (yard dash) after practice every day,” said senior linebacker Tanner Bullock. “This is nice.” Bullock and the rest of the […]
Tag Archives | heat
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Temperatures in the high 90s and a long pedal from Ecru prompted two teens to call for help on the Tanglefoot Trail last week. The Houston Fire Department was dispatched Mile Marker 1 at 2:11 p.m. Thursday after two 16-year-olds called 911 saying they were exhausted after […]
HOUSTON – Winds fanned a noon-time fire into one of the hottest blazes local firefighters can remember in some time. The fire was reported at at 687 Pontotoc Street at 11:18 a.m. Thursday with firefighters bringing the blaze under control about 1:45 p.m. and staying on the scene until 2:55 p.m. overhauling the structure and […]
- Houlka reviewing bids for new school September 19, 2016
- Lady Toppers roll up Red Raiders September 22, 2016
- Flywheel to spin Friday, Saturday September 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Economic Fun September 23, 2016
- WEEK 6: High School Football Capsules September 23, 2016
- MDOC postpones strict visitation rules September 26, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week September 25, 2016
- Houston to host WMU fall meeting September 25, 2016
- Saturday morning injury clinic for area athletes. September 24, 2016
- WEEK 6: High School Football Scores September 24, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...