By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – It was a gruesome looking wreck but no one was seriously injured. A log truck and red Dodge pickup collided on Highway 8 west of Houston about 1 p.m. Wednesday and while the accident heavily damaged both vehicles, authorities said both drivers were treated for non-life-threatening injuries […]
Tag Archives | Highway 15
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA — A man has died in a one-vehicle accident on Highway 15 north of Houlka this morning. Chickasaw County Chief Deputy James Meyers said a southbound Chevrolet Z-71 pickup apparently left the road and turned over, ejecting Jarvis Elzie, 22, of Pontotoc from the truck. “We are not sure […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – A fiery, three-vehicle accident just north of the Highway 15 intersection with Wesley Chapel in Chickasaw County has killed a man and sent two other men to the hospital. Chickasaw County Coroner Andy Harmon said the accident occurred about 12:10 p.m. when a pickup truck allegedly […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department had a man in custody Monday afternoon on aggravated domestic assault charges as it continues to investigates a Saturday night shooting just north of Houston. The incident was phoned in to Chickasaw County 911 about 9:45 p.m. as an accident at a house […]
HOUSTON – Alligators have their place in this world, but not on the side of the highway in Anchor. The Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks was called to a ditch running under Highway 15 south of Houston Tuesday afternoon after a big alligator was spotted basking on the east side of the highway. […]
By Errol Castens Daily Journal NEW ALBANY – A 40,000-gallon tank of fuel exploded at the JNS Biodiesel plant just north of New Albany early Wednesday morning, rattling homes and sending a fireball hundreds of feet into the air, followed by a tornado-like column of smoke that could be seen for miles. No one was […]
HOUSTON – A county home burned in bitter cold temperatures Tuesday morning with the owner saying the blaze burned everything she owned. Firefighters were dispatched to 245 CR 168 east of Houston at 10:45 a.m. with temperatures hovering around 20 degrees. The home was totally destroyed in the fire. “Everything I own was in that […]
HOUSTON – Houston Mayor Stacy W. Parker said the location of a bridge dedicated to late Rep. William E. “Billy” Bowles was indicative of Bowles’ vision for his community and state. Parker said the Highway 15 bridge, which rises over Highway 8 east of Houston is, “overseeing progress to come.” Bowles was District 22 state […]
- Okolona approves tutorial services, signs promissory note October 18, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Smithville rolls over Vardaman October 25, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...