By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – A Hinds County circuit judge ordered Wednesday the House leadership slow down the speed by which they read bills. Circuit Judge Winston Kidd issued the order, requested by Rep. Jay Hughes, D-Oxford, who maintained the leadership was having the bills read on the House floor at […]
Tag Archives | Hinds County
Initiative 42, a conservative approach to achieve adequate funding of our public schools, will be on the statewide ballot in November. Initiative 42 is endorsed by over 200,000 Mississippians and would phase in, over a five- to seven-year period, increases in state funding until such time as our K-12 schools reach a level […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood says the ruling last week by a Hinds County circuit judge blocking the enactment of a law clarifying Mississippi as a state where people can openly carry a weapon doesn’t apply outside the judge’s Hinds County jurisdiction. “I do not believe that […]
- Houston, Okolona use defense to notch wins. January 11, 2017
- BIRTH: Carson Grey Spencer January 15, 2017
- County contemplates paving project January 16, 2017
- NEMCC names honor students January 16, 2017
- JOHN CALVIN: Let’s hope new government will guide us better January 17, 2017
- 4-H Promotion Day is Thursday. January 18, 2017
- Chieftains roll Green Wave January 18, 2017
- Houlka sweeps Rams to start division play January 18, 2017
- Okolona man charged in Amory armed robbery January 17, 2017
- Houston truck driver killed in Jackson crash January 17, 2017
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...