By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – A Hinds County circuit judge ordered Wednesday the House leadership slow down the speed by which they read bills. Circuit Judge Winston Kidd issued the order, requested by Rep. Jay Hughes, D-Oxford, who maintained the leadership was having the bills read on the House floor at […]
Tag Archives | Hinds County
Initiative 42, a conservative approach to achieve adequate funding of our public schools, will be on the statewide ballot in November. Initiative 42 is endorsed by over 200,000 Mississippians and would phase in, over a five- to seven-year period, increases in state funding until such time as our K-12 schools reach a level […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood says the ruling last week by a Hinds County circuit judge blocking the enactment of a law clarifying Mississippi as a state where people can openly carry a weapon doesn’t apply outside the judge’s Hinds County jurisdiction. “I do not believe that […]
- Deputies tase suspect in shots fired call October 15, 2016
- Lady Toppers take first round October 19, 2016
- Few storms, small hail expected tonight and Thursday October 19, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...