By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – A Hinds County circuit judge ordered Wednesday the House leadership slow down the speed by which they read bills. Circuit Judge Winston Kidd issued the order, requested by Rep. Jay Hughes, D-Oxford, who maintained the leadership was having the bills read on the House floor at […]
Tag Archives | Hinds County
Initiative 42, a conservative approach to achieve adequate funding of our public schools, will be on the statewide ballot in November. Initiative 42 is endorsed by over 200,000 Mississippians and would phase in, over a five- to seven-year period, increases in state funding until such time as our K-12 schools reach a level […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood says the ruling last week by a Hinds County circuit judge blocking the enactment of a law clarifying Mississippi as a state where people can openly carry a weapon doesn’t apply outside the judge’s Hinds County jurisdiction. “I do not believe that […]
- Houlka buys body cams for PD August 24, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- FOOTBALL SCORES: Week 2 August 27, 2016
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS August 27, 2016
- Armyworms spotted in local fields August 30, 2016
- Money would fix city’s aging pipes August 29, 2016
- Political Season August 29, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...