By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal VARDAMAN – A national movement became a local reality for schools and at least one business in Vardaman Thursday. Billed as “A Day Without Immigrants” and calling for a national strike against President Donald Trump’s immigration policy, the national event seeks to call attention to the contributions of immigrants to […]
Tag Archives | Hispanic
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO —The North Mississippi Medical Center Women’s Hospital will offer a free pre-admission class for Spanish-speaking expectant mothers from 10 a.m.-noon Friday, Aug. 14. Recommended for women after their seventh month of pregnancy, the class includes information about the hospital stay, symptoms to report to the doctor, a hospital tour […]
VARDAMAN – Five people have been charged following an alleged strong-armed robbery Sunday night near a downtown business. Vardaman Police Chief Kenneth Scott said the victim was assaulted in an alleyway between the Ram Shack and Furniture Wood Inc., where he was choked and his wallet taken. “We later went to an address at CR […]
- County ponders TRPDD alliance February 20, 2017
- Vardaman hunter bags banded duck February 24, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...