By Ethan Turner Special to the Chickasaw Journal BRUCE – In the game of football, sometimes breaks go a team’s way and suddenly they can go the other team’s way. That was the case on Friday night. In a game that featured two teams striving desperately for a win, the Bruce Trojans held off […]
Tag Archives | Hodges
By Ethan Turner Chickasaw Journal CALHOUN CITY – Football is a game that tests a team’s heart, desire and effort. Each week is one test after another and Friday was no different for the Okolona Chieftains. In a contest that tested the Chieftains’ heart and will to compete, they continued to fight despite falling […]
What roles will social issues like abortion, same-sex marriage, and religious freedom play in the 2016 presidential race? On January 22, 1973, the Supreme Court decided abortion was a legal right, thus settling the debate … right! In January of this year an estimated 600,000 people marched in Washington to protest the legalization of abortion. […]
OKOLONA – Okolona High School has released the honor roll for the fourth nine weeks. Fifth Grade Superintendent’s List Jalariyon Darnell Collins Fifth Grade Principal’s List Taylor B. Chapman, Addison Mckenzie Floyd, Makayla Kiara Hodges, Valencia Elizabeth Hughes, Jakiaila Netaysha Ivy and Darrick Ahmad Whitfield, Jr. Sixth Grade Principal’s List Marquavius Ladezma Baker, Jacobren Christopher […]
CALHOUN CITY – Arlene Genet Hodges Barton, 79, died Saturday, March 15, 2014, at Hermitage Gardens in Oxford. She was born Nov. 13, 1935, in Bentley to William Hodges and Arlene Christopher. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Calhoun City. She is survived by her husband, Glenn Barton of Oxford; sons, Tommy […]
RANDOLPH – Frances Hodge, 87, died Sunday, March 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a devoted Christian wife, mother and friend to anyone she met. She and her husband, George, were married for 70 years before his death 48 days before hers. She was a farmer’s wife and helpmate for […]
- Okolona battles but nipped by Wolverines October 19, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Smithville rolls over Vardaman October 25, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...