By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The Toppers let this one get away early and they never caught up. A hot shooting Calhoun City team scored steadily and Houston, who came out strong, found themselves playing catch-up as the game progressed. Calhoun City also threw on a press in the second and third quarter […]
Tag Archives | Holland
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Northeast Mississippi local governments garnered about $3 million in projects in a $249.6 million bond bill that passed both chambers of the state Legislature late Monday. Bond proceeds will be used to pay off the project over a period of years. The projects range from tourism-related […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The Mississippi House amended legislation Tuesday by an overwhelming vote to enact a statewide lottery. To enhance their commitment to the lottery, the House actually amended two consecutive bills to enact the lottery. “For 33 years I have served in the Legislature. Every now and then, […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Legislation to provide state funds to allow students to attend private schools died an unexpected death Tuesday. House Appropriations Chair Herb Frierson, R-Poplarville, opted not to consider the double-referred bill in his committee Tuesday – the deadline for bills to pass out of committee in their […]
By Kyle Niblett Special to the Chickasaw Journal STARKVILLE – Mississippi State was ranked No. 11 in Collegiate Baseball’s 2016 preseason poll, the publication announced Monday. The Diamond Dawgs are coming off the most impressive summer in school history, where eight of its 16 returning players who competed in summer league action earned all-star […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – By design the 2016 session, which started Jan. 5, is supposed to get off to a slow start. The opening days of the session are filled with more pomp and circumstance, such as swearing-in ceremonies and speech-making, instead of actual legislating. That is why the first […]
Mr. and Mrs. Eric Laiche of Houston are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Jessica Carmon Laiche, to Carter Graham Holland, son of Dr. and Mrs. John Holland of Hattiesburg, Miss. Miss Laiche is a graduate of Houston High School and will receive a Bachelor of Food Science degree in Nutrition and Health […]
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- Houston seeks to climb the mountain March 22, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: All politics is local March 27, 2017
- MSU Extension offers Horse Management 101 March 27, 2017
- Teacher of the Week March 27, 2017
- Rally! Rally! Rally! March 29, 2017
- Wildcats blanked by Smithville March 29, 2017
- Next stop! Final Four in Dallas March 29, 2017
- Okolona man held in Shannon shooting March 28, 2017
- POLITICAL ANNOUNCEMENTS March 28, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...