By Jack Elliott Jr. Associated Press JACKSON – A Mississippi death row inmate is back before the state’s high court to challenge the evidence and his lawyer’s performance during his trial in the slayings of two elderly women. Willie Jerome Manning is appealing an Oktibbeha County judge’s denial of his post-conviction challenges related to evidence […]
Tag Archives | Howard
TUPELO – Howard Glenn Belk Sr., 47, died Wednesday, May 7, 2014, at the Golden Living Center in Tupelo. He was born April 25, 1967, to the late John Belk and the late Patsy Ruth Harrell Belk. He was a 1987 graduate of Houston School, a former employee of Franklin Industries and a deacon at […]
TUPELO – Howard Glenn Belk Sr., 47, died Wednesday, May 7, 2014, at Golden Living Center in Tupelo. He was born April 25, 1967, to John Belk and Patsy Ruth Harrell Belk. He was a 1987 graduate of Houston School, a former employee of Franklin Industries and a deacon at Trinity Church of God in […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – As a young man trudging on foot across central Europe in the Rhineland Campaign in World War II – some of the fiercest fighting known to mankind – Howard Miskelly said he was not afraid. “When you are 20 years old, you are not afraid of […]
RANDOLPH – Howard Bailey Ferguson, 71, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He drove an 18-wheeler all his life. An avid coon hunter, he loved horses and spending time with his family and friends. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home […]
BLUE SPRINGS – Pamela Thomas, 47, passed away Tuesday, October 8, 2013, at her residence from complications due to a long battle with cancer. An Okolona native, she was born November 23, 1965, to Davis P. and Barbara Louise Howard Henderson. She was a 1983 graduate of Ingomar High School. Raised in the Tupelo, Verona […]
PONTOTOC – Howard Clemons, 86, died Friday, May 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church where he was a deacon. He was a Master Mason, a member of the Cal-Chick Hunting Club and a WWII Army Veteran. He was an avid fox hunter and […]
HOUSTON – Howard Glen White, 84, died Thursday, April 25, 2013. He was born Sept. 14, 1928, in Clay County to Alvie Ardell White and Artie “Kidie” Elizabeth Vaughn White. He was a member of Southside Church of Christ. He was a rural mail carrier. He was the owner and operator of White’s Dept. Store […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...