By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Sundancer was featured in a documentary film that debuted last week at cinemas around the country and part of that rollout saw her put on display at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C. Houston Solar Car team members also headed out to Washington, Chattanooga, Birmingham and Huntsville Ala., […]
Tag Archives | hudson
Daily Journal IUKA – One law enforcement officer was killed and three were wounded early Saturday after a six-hour long standoff at a rural Mississippi house ended when authorities stormed the house and the gunman inside opened fire, authorities said. Also killed was the man suspected of firing on the officers. The standoff started Friday […]
By Kyle Niblett Special to the Chickasaw Journal STARKVILLE – Mississippi State was ranked No. 11 in Collegiate Baseball’s 2016 preseason poll, the publication announced Monday. The Diamond Dawgs are coming off the most impressive summer in school history, where eight of its 16 returning players who competed in summer league action earned all-star […]
By Ethan Turner Special to the Chickasaw Journal CUMBERLAND – As the Hebron Christian Eagles and Lady Eagles took the floor for their final games in the East Webster Christmas Classic, both teams were looking for wins as their tournament run concluded. Despite showing vast improvement from their previous game, the Lady Eagles were defeated […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – The list of four candidates for a Houlka alderman’s post has been narrowed to two following a special election Dec. 15. Bonnie Burgess Brown and Jerry Turner were the two candidates getting the most votes in last week special election to choose a successor to long-time Alderman […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – Four candidates are running in a special election set Tuesday, Dec. 15 to choose a successor to long-time Alderman David Wiggs, 86, who died last October. According to town records, those seeking the office include: • Bonnie Burgess Brown, 69, a […]
ECRU – Monema McPhail Cornelius, 94, formally of Slate Springs, died Saturday, June 14, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center-Hospice. She was born April 11, 1920, in Slate Springs, the daughter of Robert Fuller McPhail and Opal Rushing McPhail. She was a member of Cairo Baptist Church in Ecru.Services were held at 3 p.m. Sunday, […]
HOUSTON – The community will honor its very best next week at the Chickasaw Development Foundation annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. March 25 at the First United Methodist Church, Family Life Center on North Jackson Street. “This is always one of the highlights of the year for […]
John and Marion Hudson will celebrate their 50th anniversary Dec. 14 at 1:30 p.m. at Enon Baptist Church in Clay County. The reception will be hosted by their children and grandchildren and all friends and relatives are invited to attend.
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- Lady Hilltoppers ready for more February 25, 2017
- MDWFP crappie regulation being enforced February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...