By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – People going to vote on Tuesday comfortable that they know the poll workers and will not need a government-issued photo identification to cast a ballot better think again. In response to a request from the secretary of state’s office, Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood has issued […]
Tag Archives | ID
HOUSTON – With several surrounding counties noted for a higher than usual number of absentee ballots cast in the 2012 county elections, Chickasaw County officials are doing their part to make sure all ballots are cast properly. Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk’s office employees said voting an absentee ballot is complex and they work hard to […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A new state law requires voters to be able to identify themselves to poll-workers and has prompted a new photo ID card to be be made available from local circuit clerks. The new technology and equipment were provided to the Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk’s office earlier this year and went on-line […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...