By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – There are more of them in town than you think but four of the more visible walkers in Houston shared their secrets to the exercise, health and social fun of walking. There is even an Olympic Walking event with Yusuke Suzuki, of Japan, holding the world record […]
Tag Archives | Japan
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – July 4, 1950 was Vernon Fortner’s second day of combat and many more would follow until he was wounded and evacuated four months later. The Chickasaw County native said very few days go by that he does not think of his buddies and the experiences they shared […]
MAYSVILLE, N.C. – Sgt. Philip Stephen Shook, 29, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013, at New Hanover Medical Center after injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. He was a dedicated and decorated Marine who served two tours in Iraq and one in Japan with 10 years of service. His last unit assignment was with the […]
- Okolona talks fire protection March 17, 2017
- CATHY SPENCER: Teacher of the Week March 21, 2017
- Houston WIN offers iPhone class March 21, 2017
- Deadline for Foundation Scholarships March 21, 2017
- Houston seeks to climb the mountain March 22, 2017
- Manufacturing skills class offered March 24, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...