By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – There are more of them in town than you think but four of the more visible walkers in Houston shared their secrets to the exercise, health and social fun of walking. There is even an Olympic Walking event with Yusuke Suzuki, of Japan, holding the world record […]
Tag Archives | Japan
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – July 4, 1950 was Vernon Fortner’s second day of combat and many more would follow until he was wounded and evacuated four months later. The Chickasaw County native said very few days go by that he does not think of his buddies and the experiences they shared […]
MAYSVILLE, N.C. – Sgt. Philip Stephen Shook, 29, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013, at New Hanover Medical Center after injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. He was a dedicated and decorated Marine who served two tours in Iraq and one in Japan with 10 years of service. His last unit assignment was with the […]
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Bulldogs make St. Petersburg Bowl December 7, 2016
- Houston falters against Cal. City December 7, 2016
- The men in charge December 7, 2016
- Fatal fire in Okolona December 7, 2016
- McDonald’s Playground December 10, 2016
- Margaret Hollingsworth recipes December 10, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: What color is homelessness? December 10, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 9, 2016
- Area students graduate ICC December 9, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...