Dear Editor, The CDF (Chickasaw Development Foundation) presented a plan to the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors seeking permission to install picnic areas on the square. They quickly approved the project and CDF members began seeking donations from the public to make the project possible. Within 24 hours of project approval, CDF […]
Tag Archives | Jason
HOUSTON – Major Danny Blanton told of that fateful day in July 2005 when he performed CPR on a Marine sergeant fatally wounded when a bomb exploded under the vehicle that sergeant was riding in on a road in Anbar Province Iraq. Blanton also told of the son of that sergeant who turned down an […]
HOUSTON – Firefighters with the Houston Fire Department have been busy this past week answering four larger fires, a host of smaller calls and medical calls too. Firefighters were called to a shed fire on Starkville Road Friday and another one on Nabors Drive early Saturday morning. This was followed by a large grass […]
HOUSTON – He waded ashore on Normandy Beach on July 4, 1944 and was wounded twice in World War II, he then returned to Mississippi, set up a dental practice in Houston and raised a family, helping many people along the way. Dr. Herman Smith, 92, was named the Chickasaw Development Foundation’s Citizen of the […]
HOULKA – Elaine Brown was born May 2, 1913, in Chickasaw County to Doyle and Mattie Kirkpatrick and was one of nine children. She has lived in Houlka for her entire life. She married Elon Brown in 1935. They had two daughters, Barbara Ann Boutwell and Martha Collums. Her husband passed away in 1969. She […]
VARDAMAN – Jason Bradley Holder, 36, died Saturday, April 20, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born March 31, 1977, in Houston to Johnny Holder and Cathy Shinall Blackwelder. He is survived by his father, Johnny (Beverly) Holder of Vardaman; mother, Cathy (Larry) Blackwelder of Pittsboro; sister, Michelle (Keith) Gaskin of Pittsboro; […]
Local Focus! Locally owned businesses serving the local community Watkin Having the resources of a large firm linked with hometown people you know and trust are what makes Watkins, Ward & Stafford of Houston successful. Certified Public Accountants Jason D. Brooks and Romona T. Walls are Houston residents who know the needs […]
- Houston FFA earns One Star Chapter award November 27, 2016
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Dr. Willis named AAN Fellow December 2, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Are schools worth fighting for? December 4, 2016
- Locals named ICC Foundation scholars December 4, 2016
- DAVID HORN: We the people have voted for change December 4, 2016
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: How to be wise December 4, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...