By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Will Porter plead guilty to murder and was sentenced to life in Chickasaw County Circuit Court on the last day of the March term. The case stems from the death of Amanda Porter, 23, who was found stabbed at her home in Houston in January 2013. Porter, 29, […]
Tag Archives | Joseph
SHANNON – Joseph “”Joey”” Bass, 44, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was born Sept. 10, 1969, to Bayward Talmadge and Carolyn Codelia Halcomb Bass. He was employed as a framer at United Furniture Company and was proud to be working again. His work history included janitorial, construction and furniture work. He loved fishing, camping, […]
BREWER – Joseph Bass, 44, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors. Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
BAKER, La. – Helen R. Frank, 96, passed away Tuesday, March 18, 2014, at Lane Regional Medical Center in Zachary, La. She was a native of the Egypt community. She enjoyed gardening, baking and sewing. She was loved by all who knew her and will be greatly missed. She is survived by her son, Richard […]
HOUSTON — Earvin Joseph “E.J.” Earnest, 85, died Monday, Jan. 27, 2014, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. He was born March 16, 1928, in Houston. He married his wife of 62 years, Louise Lowry Earnest, on Sept. 16, 1951. He moved to the Sparta Community in Chickasaw County and with his wife worked many […]
TUPELO – Joseph Webster “”Joe”” Gary, 86, born, April 4, 1927, in Byram to Albert West Gary and Allie Robinson Gary went to be with his Lord and Savior on Saturday, Dec. 21, 2013, after a lengthy battle with cancer. He passed away peacefully, surrounded by his daughters, Lynn and JoAnn, as well as extended […]
MYRTLE – Liam Joseph Stearns, 17 months, died Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at his home. He was born July 19, 2012, in New Albany, the son of Steven and Tammy Stearns. He was preceded in death in March 2013 by his mother. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 21, at St. Francis of […]
HOULKA – Joseph Newell “”Joe”” Graves, 88, died Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013, at his home in Houlka. He was born Sept. 22, 1925, in Houlka to Jesse Grady Graves and Anice Newell Graves. He was a retired electrical engineer for TVA and a member of Houlka Presbyterian Church. He was an Army Air Corp veteran […]
OKOLONA — Serving his community is Joseph Henson’s goal as Okolona’s newest firefighter. Henson, an Okolona native, has taken a part-time post with the Okolona Fire Department after finishing his training at the Mississippi Fire Academy in February. “I have been a volunteer firefighter and then I served a couple of tours in the Army,” […]
Pain steals the joy from life, but Rutherford Chiropractic Neurology Center offers treatments and procedures that can often provide relief. Opening his offices in Houston last summer, Dr. Joseph L. Rutherford, a chiropractic neurologist, brought 12-years of experience and the latest technique to the red brick building in downtown Houston. “As a 10-year-old I had […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...