HOUSTON – It’s a local name but this is one historic Chickasaw County resident who has a history and story all his own. There is much data and information to tell of the service of this man, but it comes to a murky ending as the Civil War draws to close, leaving a number of […]
Tag Archives | Kendall
CHICKASAW COUNTY – At the close of any war, one can only imagine the logistics involved in ending conflict, returning soldiers, sailors and marines to the homeland, resolving myriad questions about what to do with this or that piece of equipment. But another more crucial question or situation would be deciding who was the last […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – For thousands of years, humans have felt the need to know what our future weather will be. It has been a long journey to reach the information age and weather forecasting as we know it today. And just as the ancients looked to nature for signs, today’s computer generated forecasts also look […]
Don’t let the gentleness of Jan Cooper fool you. Her will is strong. Jan’s story is so like others who have had breast cancer and yet, on the other hand, it is so unlike others’ story. You see, Jan had ‘cancer in the breast,’ she did not have ‘breast cancer’ as we normally think of […]
HOUSTON – This is not the face most people normally picture when they think of breast cancer. However, the disease can be just as deadly, just as life-altering – or perhaps more so – to a young woman who is just beginning to try her wings and learning to live on her own. Molly May […]
SPARTA – Every Friday night, the Sparta Opry has about as good a fish fry as one could expect here in the land where folks appreciate a good fish fry. In addition to a delicious meal, something else is appreciated at the Opry – its music and the musicians who perform there. Most of the […]
VARDAMAN – Shirley A. Bush Barnett, 68, died Monday, June 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Dec. 13, 1944, in Calhoun County. She was a retired employee of the Kellwood Co. in Calhoun City and a member of New Providence Baptist Church. Graveside services will be at 10:30 a.m. […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Richard and Melisa Ware of Houston are pleased to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Kaddy Carol, to Michael Forrest Kendall, son of Michael and Kim Kendall of Vardaman. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Leon and Margaret Gilmer of Vicksburg and Carolyn Ware of Houston and […]
- Dendy’s named Man, Woman of the Year July 17, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- Tiny Houses July 16, 2016
- Houston’s Kinard honored by PTK July 21, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- LindaWando390: Valuable article , Speaking of which , if one has ...