At my house we have a job-jar. It’s a jar filled with jobs Sara feels need tending to on the Ingram Plantation. We’ve had this system for the past 20-years. I wake up most Saturday mornings and pull out a job. When it’s finished I pull out another. The job-jar has never been empty. It’s […]
Tag Archives | Korean War
HOUSTON – Robert E. “R.E.” Vance, 83, of Houston, died Friday, May 16, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born April 6, 1931, in Clay County to Frank Burkett Vance and Mary Elizabeth Walls Vance. He was a retired fitting welder for B&W, a member of Macedonia United Methodist Church, a Purple Heart recipient […]
WEST POINT – Prentiss Eugene Bramlett Sr., 82, passed away, on Sunday, Dec. 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born Feb. 7, 1931, in Tupelo, the son of the late Maize Lee Davis and Virgil Preston Bramlett. He was a self-employed master carpenter for 20 years and a member […]
WEST POINT – Floyd Theron “Turkey” Vaughn Sr., 82, passed away on Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at the State Veterans Home in Kosciusko. He was born Sept. 19, 1931, in Prairie to Thelma Jane Thornton Vaughn and James Other “Shorty” Vaughn. He was a retired U.S. Air Force technical sergeant for 22 years. He first served during […]
BRUCE – Zerrel Thomas Bond, 81, died Monday, Nov. 4, 2013, at his home. He was born Feb. 6, 1932, in Calhoun County. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He was a member of the VFW. He was a retired machinist for Weyerhaeuser. He attended Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Services will be at […]
OKOLONA – James Nash Ballard Jr., 79, died Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013, in route to North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born April 9, 1934, in Lee County to Nash Ballard Sr. and Dovie Taylor Ballard. As a youngster during the Korean Conflict, he served honorably in the U.S. Army. He worked early in life […]
HOUSTON – Jesse Voyles, 82, died Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 31, 1930, in Calhoun County to Parker Luther Voyles and Stacey Virgie Mitchell Voyles. He was an Army veteran of the Korean War. He was a member of the VFW and a Baptist. He was a man who […]
PHEBA – Harper Sizemore, 81, passed away, on Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. He was born Aug. 21, 1931, in West Point to Carrie Mae Harkins Sizemore and Floyd Sizemore. He was a carpenter and a member of Pheba Baptist Church. He was a U.S. Army veteran of the […]
HOUSTON – David “Pie” Eldred Peel Sr., 78, died Saturday, June 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born March 6, 1935, in Chickasaw County to Ben Jourdan Peel and Wilma Roberta Beasley Peel. He was a army Veteran of the Korean War. He was a retired truck driver and plant […]
- Houston Students Tour ICC March 20, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...