At my house we have a job-jar. It’s a jar filled with jobs Sara feels need tending to on the Ingram Plantation. We’ve had this system for the past 20-years. I wake up most Saturday mornings and pull out a job. When it’s finished I pull out another. The job-jar has never been empty. It’s […]
Tag Archives | Korean War
HOUSTON – Robert E. “R.E.” Vance, 83, of Houston, died Friday, May 16, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born April 6, 1931, in Clay County to Frank Burkett Vance and Mary Elizabeth Walls Vance. He was a retired fitting welder for B&W, a member of Macedonia United Methodist Church, a Purple Heart recipient […]
WEST POINT – Prentiss Eugene Bramlett Sr., 82, passed away, on Sunday, Dec. 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born Feb. 7, 1931, in Tupelo, the son of the late Maize Lee Davis and Virgil Preston Bramlett. He was a self-employed master carpenter for 20 years and a member […]
WEST POINT – Floyd Theron “Turkey” Vaughn Sr., 82, passed away on Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at the State Veterans Home in Kosciusko. He was born Sept. 19, 1931, in Prairie to Thelma Jane Thornton Vaughn and James Other “Shorty” Vaughn. He was a retired U.S. Air Force technical sergeant for 22 years. He first served during […]
BRUCE – Zerrel Thomas Bond, 81, died Monday, Nov. 4, 2013, at his home. He was born Feb. 6, 1932, in Calhoun County. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He was a member of the VFW. He was a retired machinist for Weyerhaeuser. He attended Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Services will be at […]
OKOLONA – James Nash Ballard Jr., 79, died Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013, in route to North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born April 9, 1934, in Lee County to Nash Ballard Sr. and Dovie Taylor Ballard. As a youngster during the Korean Conflict, he served honorably in the U.S. Army. He worked early in life […]
HOUSTON – Jesse Voyles, 82, died Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 31, 1930, in Calhoun County to Parker Luther Voyles and Stacey Virgie Mitchell Voyles. He was an Army veteran of the Korean War. He was a member of the VFW and a Baptist. He was a man who […]
PHEBA – Harper Sizemore, 81, passed away, on Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. He was born Aug. 21, 1931, in West Point to Carrie Mae Harkins Sizemore and Floyd Sizemore. He was a carpenter and a member of Pheba Baptist Church. He was a U.S. Army veteran of the […]
HOUSTON – David “Pie” Eldred Peel Sr., 78, died Saturday, June 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born March 6, 1935, in Chickasaw County to Ben Jourdan Peel and Wilma Roberta Beasley Peel. He was a army Veteran of the Korean War. He was a retired truck driver and plant […]
- Okolona battles but nipped by Wolverines October 19, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- Find a lump? Find out what it is! October 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...