Mr. and Mrs. Dewitt Moore of Houston are pleased to announce the engagement and upcoming wedding of their daughter, Hannah Cathryn Moore, to Larry Hugh Johnson II, son of Mrs. Jeannie Johnson of Louisville and the late Larry Johnson. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Mary Ann Tallent Hancock of Houlka, Mr. and […]
Tag Archives | Larry
HOUSTON – There was a day and age when catching a ride to Okolona or Houston was as easy as flagging down the line car on the old OHCC Railroad. Parkersburg was one of about a dozen flag stops on the Okolona, Houston, Calhoun City (OHCC) Railroad and service on the line was not stopped […]
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man is the first person to trek all 44-miles of the Tanglefoot Trail in a day in a wheelchair. “It’s actually 43.6 miles,” said a tired but smiling Robbie Pipkin. “I am worn slap out, but I’m so glad I did this. I am so glad I did this.” Pipkin […]
HOUSTON – Michael and Larry Newman planned and worked hard to get their GED The General Educational Development) test is a group of four subject tests which, when passed, certify that the test taker has high school-level academic skills. “Nothing is hard if you are ready for it,” said Michael, 22, who currently works at […]
SHANNON – Service for Larry Darnell Johnson will be at 1 p.m. Sunday, April 26, at High Chapel. Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona is in charge of arrangements.
OKOLONA – Over his 15 years as a teacher, Larry Bell had one student who made it to the NBA and made a million dollars and 17 who used their education to become millionaires. “Do the math,” said Bell. “You are much more likely to become a millionaire by studying hard and working […]
HOUSTON – Larry Wayne Easley, 57, died Sunday, Sept. 8, 2013. He was born Dec. 21, 1955, in Chickasaw County to George Guinn Easley and Mabelene Lewis Easley. He was of the Primitive Baptist faith. He enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren and his family, working with his farmers and drag racing on the weekends. […]
HOUSTON – A dream that began more than 30 years ago opens its doors to Chickasaw County Saturday. The Chickasaw County Genealogical and Historical Society hosted a two-hour preview of the Chickasaw Museum in Joe Brigance Park last week, in preparation for the crowds they expect at Saturday’s Flywheel Festival. “We really are proud of […]
STARKVILLE – Larry Nathan McKibben, 18, passed away in an automobile accident on March 16, 2013. He was a student at East Mississippi Community College. Services will be at 3 p.m. Thursday at Emmanuel Baptist Church in Starkville. Welch Funeral Home of Starkville is in charge of the arrangements. He is survived by […]
From Staff Reports PONTOTOC COUNTY – Three Chickasaw County young men were hurt in a one-vehicle accident Tuesday night on a rural road just inside Pontotoc County. Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said the Chevrolet pickup truck the three were riding in was northbound on Wallfield Road near Gershorn Church when the driver apparently […]
- Okolona approves tutorial services, signs promissory note October 18, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Smithville rolls over Vardaman October 25, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...