Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – The Attorney General’s Office Consumer Protection Division has recently received numerous calls regarding a recent data breach reported by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management potentially impacting more than 21 million people nationwide whose personal information was stolen in a cyber-breach of government security-clearance files, announced Attorney […]
Tag Archives | legal
By William Moore Daily Journal TUPELO – There will be a pair of town hall meetings next week in Tupelo to gather signatures and answer questions about a ballot initiative that would legalize marijuana in Mississippi. The Mississippi Alliance for Cannabis will meet Monday from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. at Kermit’s Outlaw Kitchen on […]
I’ve seen your names in the paper. I’ve seen your lovely faces smiling at us from the pages of our Lifestyles section. And I guess there is really nothing I can say to stop you, if your heart and mind are already made up about this marriage thing. Now, I’m not one of those who […]
Cochran out of touch Dear Editor, The Cochran campaign’s explanation of Kay Webber’s role and activities as a D.C. staff member is perfectly reasonable and, for my part, unnecessary. What is of greater interest to me as a constituent and GOP voter is that her home was repeatedly listed in legal documents as his primary […]
HOUSTON —With Winter Storm Warnings posted for parts of Mississippi, Attorney General Jim Hood is reminding residents and business owners of the legalities concerning price gouging during a state of emergency. The law says that “the value received for all goods and services sold within the designated emergency impact area shall not exceed the prices […]
PONTOTOC – The Tanglefoot Trail name is being protected against encroachment. The GM&O Rails-to-Trails Recreational District, which owns the 44.53-mile bike-and-pedestrian, Houston-to-New Albany path, last month took steps to become the legal owners of the name and related graphics. The name reflects the name of an early locomotive on the route and hints at […]
Mississippi’s white-tailed deer hunting season with guns opens Saturday and runs through December 1. Hunting with dogs is allowed during this season. Legal deer include antlerless deer and legal bucks on private lands and legal bucks on open public lands. Hunters are urged to practice good hunter ethics and follow all safety rules to avoid […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON — Habitat for Humanity of Houston is seeking applicants who want to partner with them for home construction. Persons who are interested in being considered should call Rev. Randy Rinehart at 542-1911 to begin the application process. All information submitted to Habitat for Humanity is confidential. Habitat does […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...