By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Four Northeast Mississippi school districts would be consolidated under legislation proposed by Rep. Brad Mayo, R-Oxford. Amory and Aberdeen would be merged, while the Okolona and Chickasaw County districts would be consolidated in Mayo’s proposal, which consolidates 21 districts into 11. He conceded Tuesday the […]
Tag Archives | Legislation
HOUSTON – Attorney General Jim Hood has filed a petition requesting the Supreme Court of Mississippi to do away with a restraining order issued by the Hinds County Circuit Court regulating the carrying of weapons. The restraining order was filed late Friday and basically froze the enactment of the State’s new open carry law, known […]
Consider this predicament: For a Chickasaw County resident to get a license to drive on the state’s highways they have to drive out of the county to be tested and photographed to obtain that privilege. But a bill before the Mississippi Legislature may soon require the Mississippi Department of Public Safety to have a driver’s […]
- Coaching the game he loves March 19, 2017
- McQuary throws in SEC tilt March 22, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Truck recovered in Pontotoc March 24, 2017
- Manufacturing skills class offered March 24, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...