Special to the Chickasaw Journal VICKSBURG – Molly May, a Houston native and Miss Amory, and Holly Harrington, a Tupelo native and Miss Tombigbee, placed third and fourth respectively in Miss Mississippi 2016 on Saturday night.The two Northeast Mississippi women competed against 42 other Mississippians for the coveted title.Laura Lee Lewis, a Brookhaven native and Miss Riverland, was […]
Tag Archives | Lewis
By Emily Wagster Pettus Associated Press JACKSON – Republican challenger Mike Hurst says he thinks Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood’s office leaked information years ago to a police chief who was the target of a corruption investigation. But, Democrat Hood’s campaign manager says Hurst “has manufactured a complete lie using a defeated sheriff as a […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – When Dan Mullen was hired at Mississippi State seven years ago, he vowed to keep in-state recruits at home. Mullen has held true to his word. Of the 176 players Mullen has signed since 2009, 111 have been from programs within the Magnolia State. The Bulldogs brought in […]
Linnie Stone of Aberdeen and Joe Taylor Stone of Houston announce the engagement of their daughter, Blakely Elizabeth Stone, to Matthew Ryan Lewis, son of Geneva and Dave Oswalt and Jerry and Rhonda Lewis, all of Amory. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Le Riley of Tupelo and the late Darrel Griffin of Houston and […]
HOUSTON – A Hattiesburg architect has been hired by the Houston School Board of Trustees to assist the district with issues to fix the leaking roof at the Houston School of Science and Technology. Trustees hired the firm of Landry & Lewis P.A. To work with the district to assess the current roof, determine what […]
OKOLONA – Alvie Dow “Bunt” Griggs Jr., 85, died Sunday, April 13, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 25, 1928, in Chickasaw County to Alvie Dow Griggs Sr. and Flora Hulsey Griggs. He served in the U.S. Army as a private first class during the Korean War. He […]
WEST POINT – Charles Lewis Stafford Sr., 82, died Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2013, at Rush Specialty Hospital in Meridian. He was born Sept. 8, 1930, in Clay County to the late Ellie Mae Shirley and Henry C. Stafford. He retired from B&W with 40 years service as a weld specialist. He was a member of […]
STARKVILLE – Several students from the readership area were candidates for graduation following the spring 2013 term at Mississippi State University. Graduates and their degrees are listed below with recognition for honor graduates. * Kevin Burdine of Houlka, College of Arts and Sciences, MPPA * Denise Crape of Okolona, College of Arts and Sciences, BS […]
JACKSON – An inmate at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman was fatally stabbed today, June 11, 2013, by a fellow inmate. Offender Kelvin Bowen, # R7284, was pronounced dead at the prison hospital at 1:04 p.m. He was attacked with a sharp instrument in the hallway of a maximum security unit at Building 29 […]
RIPLEY – The Rev. James Aron Lewis, 78, went to be with the Lord on Monday, March 4, 2013. He was born on June 1, 1934, in Mantee and reared in Webster County. He was saved at the age of 8 and called into the ministry and preached his first sermon at age 14. He […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...