Making things that make people smile is at the heart of Joyce Clark’s work. Clark has owned Clark’s Parish Street Florist for 13 years and has made the arrangements and gifts and then delivered them to her customers and friends around the community. “I love my work and it can be hectic because we work […]
Tag Archives | Local
She is known as Miss Sara and nothing gives her more joy than putting pretty girls in pretty dresses. Sara Hampton has been making, selling and renting gowns and dresses in at Sara’s Fabric in Houston for the past 32 years. “I used to make dresses but we’ve gotten away from that,” said Hampton. “I […]
Harley Langley is quick to say his job is not easy but it is immensely rewarding and helping families through some of their darkest days is the goal of Southern Funeral Home Chapel. “I grew up in Houston and graduated from Houston High School in 1949,” said Langley. “I know most of the people around […]
Local Focus! Locally owned businesses serving the local community Watkin Having the resources of a large firm linked with hometown people you know and trust are what makes Watkins, Ward & Stafford of Houston successful. Certified Public Accountants Jason D. Brooks and Romona T. Walls are Houston residents who know the needs […]
A wise old politician once told me all politics is local. After watching campaigns, elections and political shenanigans for 25 years, I’ve come to the conclusion this is true. When you look at the national picture, you have to remember that it all filters down to a particular region or community heading to the polls […]
Pain steals the joy from life, but Rutherford Chiropractic Neurology Center offers treatments and procedures that can often provide relief. Opening his offices in Houston last summer, Dr. Joseph L. Rutherford, a chiropractic neurologist, brought 12-years of experience and the latest technique to the red brick building in downtown Houston. “As a 10-year-old I had […]
Lonnie Whitt knows his work will last longer than just about any in this community, so that is why he does it right the first time. “We also realize this is a difficult time in the lives of our customers,” said Whitt, owner of Houston Monument. “We do our best to provide a high quality […]
They are an Okolona favorite and word is quickly spreading to the rest of Northeast Mississippi. Brody’s Family Restaurant is known for good food offered in a family atmosphere and cooked by people who truly care about how it tastes and is served. Established more than 12 years ago, Brody’s has developed a reputation of […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...