HOUSTON – The city loves its merchants but there is a price to pay for doing business in Houston. The Houston Board of Aldermen discussed the process, fees and fines for those who come to town and peddle vegetables, clothes, merchandise and food at a work session last week and while no vote was taken […]
Tag Archives | Lula
PONTOTOC – Lula Bell Ware, 101, died Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014, at New Albany Health and Rehabilitation in New Albany. A native of Pontotoc, she was the daughter of Columbus Hester and Elnora Eubanks Hester. She was a member of Usher Valley UM Church, where she was the oldest member. She was the widower of […]
BRUCE – Lula Mae Spearman, 92, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Lighthouse Apostolic Church in Bruce. Burial will be in Mt. Joy-Jones Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of arrangements. She is survived by one son, […]
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- Houston seeks to climb the mountain March 22, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: All politics is local March 27, 2017
- MSU Extension offers Horse Management 101 March 27, 2017
- Teacher of the Week March 27, 2017
- Rally! Rally! Rally! March 29, 2017
- Wildcats blanked by Smithville March 29, 2017
- Next stop! Final Four in Dallas March 29, 2017
- Okolona man held in Shannon shooting March 28, 2017
- POLITICAL ANNOUNCEMENTS March 28, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...