TUPELO – Frances Inez Nicholson, 69, passed away Wednesday, June 11, 2014, at the North Mississippi Medical Center Inpatient Hospice Unit. She is survived by her mother, Ruby Williams of Saltillo; three sons, Tony Nicholson (Kim) of Millbrook, Ala., Jared “Bubba” Nicholson (Laura) of Tupelo and Matt Nicholson (Marsha) of Germantown, Tenn.; and five grandchildren. […]
Tag Archives | Macedonia Cemetery
HOUSTON — Dorothy Guien “Cricket” Huffman King, 76, died Sunday, June 8, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born June 6, 1938, in the Enon Community to Ralph Elzo Huffman and Elizabeth Sisk Huffman. She was retired from Dixieland Furniture and was a member of Enon Primitive Baptist Church. Services are Tuesday, […]
TUPELO – William Evans “Bull” Doss, 57, died Wednesday, May 21, 2014, at his home.He was born Nov. 2, 1956, in Houston to John William Doss and Betty Jo Prescott Doss.Services will be 10 a.m. Saturday at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Bobby Brock officiating. Burial will follow at Macedonia Cemetery in […]
HOUSTON – The men and women who fought in the Civil War in Chickasaw County are long gone, but their photographs, letters and history live on at the Chickasaw County Museum. The Museum unveiled its new Civil War display last week and is urging the community to come by and see if they know some […]
HOUSTON – Emma Frances Duncan, 87, died Monday, Nov. 18, 2013, at Shearer Richardson Nursing Home in Okolona. She was born March 28, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Richard G. Boyce and Sally Huffman Boyce. She owned and operated a beauty shop in Memphis until her retirement when she moved to Houston. She was a […]
JACKSON – Robert Henry Ford, 82, died Monday, Nov. 11, 2013, at Harmony Court Assisted Living in Jackson. He was born July 26, 1931, in Gholson to James Thomas Ford and Mary Alice Strength Ford. He was retired from the Army and was a Korean War veteran. A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. […]
HOUSTON – Ted “Sugar Bear” Thomas, 70, died Thursday, May 30, 2013. He was born Dec. 19, 1942, in Calhoun County to Elmer Lee Thomas and Bessie Lee McClunney Thomas. Graveside services will be 10 a.m. today at Macedonia Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. He is survived by his two sisters, […]
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- Orientation leaders named March 28, 2017
- POLITICAL ANNOUNCEMENTS March 28, 2017
- Hollenhead named MACJC Player of the Week March 30, 2017
- Supervisors pay to fix Okolona elevator March 30, 2017
- County eyes CCRCF numbers March 30, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Getting ready March 29, 2017
- Houston, Okolona host banquets March 29, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...